- 1 Top 5 Best Top Handle Chainsaws: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Compact & Light - DEWALT DCCS620P1 20V Max Compact Cordless Chainsaw Kit Review
- 1.2 Great Performance: Top Battery Life - BLACK+DECKER 40V Max LCS1240 Cordless Chainsaw Review
- 1.3 Most Affordable: Greenworks 20262 40V Cordless Chainsaw Review
- 1.4 Easy Starting Gas Model: ECHO CS-271T Chainsaw Review
- 1.5 Minimum Maintenance: Makita XCU06Z Cordless Top Handle Chain Saw Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best top handle chainsaw
- 3 Top Handle Chainsaws Pros & Cons
- 4 Top handle chainsaw vs. rear
- 5 How to choose the best top handle chainsaw?
- 6 Best top handle chainsaw FAQ
Top 5 Best Top Handle Chainsaws: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Compact & Light - DEWALT DCCS620P1 20V Max Compact Cordless Chainsaw Kit Review
- Low kick back 12" Oregon Bar and chain: for construction and outdoor cutting applications
- HIGH EFFICIENCY BRUSHLESS MOTOR: maximizes run time and motor life
- Tool free chain tensioning and Bar tightening knob: for proper Bar clamping force
- Compact and lightweight design: Only 8.8 lbs. for maximum user control and comfort
- Part of the 20V max system of tools
Great Performance: Top Battery Life - BLACK+DECKER 40V Max LCS1240 Cordless Chainsaw Review
- 40 Volts MAX Lithium Ion Battery for longer runtime and overall life
- 12" premium bar and chain. Automatic oiling system
- Suitable for pruning branches and cutting fallen limbs
- Tool free chain tensioning for quick and easy chain adjustments. 40V MAX* 2.0Ah Battery provides over 60 4x4 pine lumber cuts on average per single charge
- Full wrap around handle for comfortable cutting in different orientations
Most Affordable: Greenworks 20262 40V Cordless Chainsaw Review
- High Performance G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging
- Robust 12-inch steel chain and bar with tool-less chain tensioning offers ease of use while delivering the highest cutting performance
- 3/8-inch chain pitch delivers the right amount of capabilities to get those limbs trimmed and cut with minimal kickback
- Automatic oiler applies oil to bar and chain when needed to ensure durability and optimal use with a translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level.Wrap around handle for multiple cutting positions to provide ease of use when trimming at different angles
- 40V G-Max and 40V Lithium-Ion Batteries are not cross compatible; this tool is compatible with the G-Max 2.0 Ah battery (29462) and the G-Max 4.0 Ah battery (29472)
Easy Starting Gas Model: ECHO CS-271T Chainsaw Review
- Price For: Each Fuel Type: Gas Anti Vibration Handle: Yes Item: Chain Saw Chain Oiler: Auto/Aadjustable Includes: Chain Saw, Bar, Chain, Wrench, 2 Stroke Oil, Operators Manual Bar Length: 12" Fuel Type: Gas Fuel Tank Capacity: 8.1 oz. Engine Displacement: 26.9cc Anti Vibration Handle: Yes Replacement Chain: MFR. NO. 91VG45CQ Item: Chain Saw
- Country of Origin (subject to change): Japan
Minimum Maintenance: Makita XCU06Z Cordless Top Handle Chain Saw Review
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-4,720 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- Torque boost mode for cutting dense material
- Guide bar nut chain tensioning with captured nut
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best top handle chainsaw
Top handle chainsaws are most appropriate for commercial uses and are mostly used by arborists. They are not like the usual rear handle chainsaws that engage both your hands while working. Top handle chainsaws have advanced control systems. These features control many things in the chainsaw and make it reliable to work with. To work with top handle chainsaws, it requires technique and skills too. Therefore, one is supposed to have complete knowledge of its products.
- Top handle chainsaws make very comfortable grips. Their ergonomic technology makes it convenient and easy for the consumer to use it. Almost all top handle chainsaws are very easy to handle.
- Top handle chainsaws also have an advanced air cleaning system, ensuring less wear and more extended durability.
- Chainsaws work efficiently because of their chain. Hence, if the chain gets obliterated, then you are going to regret it. But the top handle chainsaws also has a professional chain break alert technology.
- The anti-vibration feature of the top handle chainsaw is one of its most striking qualities.
- The best battery chainsaw is top handle chainsaws undoubtedly. These types of chainsaws also run on battery but work not less than any gasoline-driven tool. They can be regarded as the best top handle chainsaw for the money.
- Top handle chainsaws also have a certain feature that keeps their chains consistently lubricated.
Now that you know about the striking features of top handle chainsaws, you should also keep in mind their pros and cons.
Top Handle Chainsaws Pros & Cons
- The anti-vibration feature of the top handle chainsaws makes less noise and provides relief to the consumers’ hands using it.
- Top handle chainsaws are very handy. Also, they are lightweight, so they become very convenient for the person using it.
- The chain break alert technology prevents consumers from roughly using the machine.
- Apart from being driven by a battery, many top handle chainsaws run on fuel too. But these chainsaws consume less fuel.
- The automatic chain lubrication technology favors the chain from obliterating.
- Most of these chainsaws have uncomfortable chain adjustment.
- Some top handle chainsaws are highly expensive.
- The top handle chainsaw requires high expertise.
- Some top handle chainsaws did not work well on more significant objects.
Top handle chainsaw vs. rear
While top handle chainsaws are preferred for skillful use, rear handle chainsaws are used more for traditional purposes. Best top handle chainsaws have long term reliability and smooth compatibility too. They are sturdy and are highly manoeuvrable. They are made of compact size and has many features to adjust them. While rear handle chainsaws although are affordable but have two handle use. This keeps both the hands engaged.
Moreover, it consumes a lot of the consumer’s energy. Lastly, they have fewer features to adjust them. Thus, top handle chainsaws are highly preferred for better user experience and are much recognized on the market.
How to choose the best top handle chainsaw?
It is very important to check the brand of anything before you buy it. Not all products belong to worthy brands. In the case of electronic products, depending on the brand, it is crucial. So never overlook the brand. This can make you refrain from choosing the cheapest top handle chainsaw.
This criterion is highly important because it has to fit according to the buyer’s preference. Chainsaws come in both light and heavyweight. But ultimately, if you are going to use it, then do consider the size and weight.
Safety comes first! Different chainsaws have different types of models and technicalities. So you should keep in mind which one will be safer to use.
You can’t just buy anything without checking the features. Checking the features of a product is like knowing its grammar. All chainsaws do not share the same kind of features. Some will suit your preference. Some won’t. So always refer to the features.
Best top handle chainsaw types
There are basically two categories of chainsaws that are considered best:
Gas-powered – These types of chainsaws are very powerful and have adjustable guide bars. It also has high mobility and great safety features.
Battery Powered – These types of chainsaws have a quick start, electronic safety, chain break alerts, and easy adjustment features.
Best top handle chainsaw FAQ
What is the purpose of the top handle chainsaw?
Top handle chainsaws are used to cut trees and other wooden objects.
How big of a top handle chainsaw do I need?
Use 16-18inches top handle chainsaw.
Can I use a chainsaw without a license?
It varies from country to country. Most countries have this regulation to lessen accidents and causalities.
Which is better a top handle or a rear handle chainsaw?
Top handle chainsaws are used for professional work.