How many times did you step out of the shower into a room that wasn’t cold at all but due to the hot water it felt like freezing? Yes, it’s a feeling that you just can’t avoid. Or, can you?
Being all wet and cold doesn’t have to be an unavoidable thing after every shower or relaxing session in your hot tub because now you can buy and install the best towel warmer. Not only that this means you won’t ever have to be afraid to step out of the shower anymore, but you will have a nice and warm towel to wrap yourself into.
Sounds pretty straightforward, right? But like with all gadgets and appliances, there are some specifications and things you should know before buying such a product in order to make sure you get what’s best for you needs and that you avoid those products that are really not worth your while. Not that there’s a chance to get a device that won’t heat a towel, however, some products out there will only warm one piece of the towel, leaving the rest of it just as cold. And that leads to an experience that can possibly be worse than just putting on a regular towel since now you have some spots that are cold and others that are warm.
Luckily, we’re here to help you in choosing the perfect heater towel rack on the market and we are able to do just that after going through hundreds of online reviews, reading producer specifications and tons of customer reviews online. So, are you ready to learn how to find the best towel warmer? Let’s begin!
Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 10 Best Towel Warmers: Comparison Table
Best Overall: #1 Best Seller In Towel Warmers - Zadro Ultra Large Bucket-Style Towel Warmer Review
Zadro Ultra Large Bucket-Style Towel Warmer
- ULTRA LARGE CAPACITY: The ultra-large insulated plastic bucket design accommodates up to two 40’’ x 70’’ oversized bath towels, robes, throw blanket, PJ’s and more
- 4 TIMER SETTINGS: Always have warm towels ready by using the built-in timer to heat your towels for 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes before automatically shutting off
- BUCKET DESIGN: No more cold spots; evenly heats the entire towel inside and out
- CORD STORAGE: Built-in cord storage in the base helps keep the extra-long power cord tidy when not in use
- NATURAL MATERIALS: Natural bamboo handle and feet. For indoor use only
For Facial-sized Towels: Most Efficient - Elite Hot Towel Cabinet Review
Elite Hot Towel Cabinet
- Holds 12 facial-sized (small, wash cloth) towels
- Contains an internal temperature control so the unit does not over-heat
- Insulated cabinet with padded heating element surrounds all internal walls for consistent heating
- This unit does not rely on bulbs to heat which burn out and do not provide consistent heating
Stylish: Salon Sundry Professional Hot Towel Warmer Review
Salon Sundry Professional Hot Towel Warmer
- High capacity: Up to 72 towels at once (depending on towel size)
- Powerful: Maintains an average inside temperature of 176-degrees Fahrenheit for soothingly warm towels.
- Safety: Arrives fully assembled, is CE certified and uses a US-standard grounded 3 prong plug
Built-in Timer: Brandon Basics Wall Mounted Electric Towel Warmer Review
Brandon Basics Wall Mounted Electric Towel Warmer
- WHY DO TOWELS STINK? Just Google, "Why do bath towels stink". You'll discover that there are more nasty things growing on your towel than on your toilet seat because moisture, warmth, and organic food (your skin cells) equates to party time in towel heaven! In the USA, we bleach & wash our towels multiple times a week. In Europe where water & space for huge washing machines are scarce, they use towel warmers to remove moisture & prevent stinky towels -- smart, green & cost effective.
- BUILT-IN TIMER WITH LED INDICATORS – Ok, we live in the age of innovation, yet towel warmers make you hunt for a switch and guess if it's on or off -- until now! The Brandon Basics towel warmer is the only warmer on the market that has a built-in timer and visual LED indicators. Press the 1 or 2 hour buttons and the warmer will stay on long enough to heat and dry your towels then shut itself off. Now, how easy is that!
- BOTH HARD-WIRED & PLUG-IN OPTIONS INCLUDED – We know commitment is hard….so why commit to a hard-wired wired or plug-in model when you can get both in a Brandon Basics warmer. No need to wait for that eventual bathroom remodel or for your busy contractor to hard-wire the warmer -- just mount and plug it into a 115v outlet until you're ready to hard-wire it into your wall.
- THE LAMBORGHINI OF TOWEL WARMERS – Horse power is how you measure a cars performance, but when it comes to towel warmers, bar count, wattage & construction is everything. At least 10 bars for better heat distribution, 150 watts or greater for faster drying times and 304 Stainless Steel construction . Sure, you can pay less for reduced specs, but slower drying times means stinky towels. That's why we supercharged our warmer with 12 bars at 190 watts.
- 5-LEGGED ANYTHING JUST ISN'T ATTRACTIVE – In our human experience, 5-legged animals, tables, chairs and towel warmers seems odd, awkward and unnecessary. Our unique design avoids the unsightly 5th leg used for the electrical connection that is common in most hard-wired towel warmers. After all, if you pay big bucks for an elegant bathroom appliance, why would you compromise on looks!
Pollenex Extra Large Towel Warmer
- Warms towels while you bath
- Extra-large design for large towels and other garments
- Uses standard power outlet
- Auto shutoff feature for safety
- Portable so you can use just about anywhere
Quick Heating: Amba Radiant Towel Warmer Review
Amba Radiant Towel Warmer
- Heats quickly
- Made of Grade 304 stainless steel
- Built in on/off switch and amps is 1.30, average temperature range is up to 149 degree Fahrenheit
- Ten crossbars allow optimal drying
- Horizontal and vertical bars are heated
UV Sterilizing: ForPro Premium Hot Towel Warmer Review
ForPro Premium Hot Towel Warmer
- Heats to 180°F in about thirty minutes, no thermostat needed, and features UV sterilizer to keep towels clean and fresh
- Includes a water-drip tray and two stainless steel racks that will not rust
- Holds 24 facial-sized towels (recommend ForPro 100% Cotton washcloths)
- High-quality on/off button
- Well insulated cabinet stays cool when on all day
Well-Made: HEATGENE Hot Towel Warmer for Bath Review
HEATGENE Hot Towel Warmer for Bath
- 【LUXURY 10 BAR DESIGN】: The HEATGENE towel warmer uses 10 bars to evenly distribute heat and warm up to 2 large towels or bathrobes. Its color will fit for any decor. You can put multiple items at once, but not overlapping, making it ideal for warming up the towels. Your family will get cozy towels when they step out of the shower.
- 【FAST HEATING& OVERHEAT PROTECTION】Multi-layer stainless steel composite structure, rapid heating, rated power 150W(2 amp), only 15 minutes, it can be heated to 110 °F, 30 minutes to reach the optimal working temperature 130 °F (based on room temperature 68 °F), energy saving and high efficiency.
- 【SPACE SAVING&WALL-MOUNTED】: The towel warmer is a perfect towel heating solution for homes. This is a wall-mounted and hardwired towel warmer that you can install on the wall. It’s design maximizes the space of your floor space.Its modern style makes it suitable for your home, hotel, and even outdoor areas with water protection.Not only a perfect towel heater, but also a wonderful bathroom decoration
- 【CLEANING AND INSTALLATION】: The towel warmer is easy to clean and made of durable 304 stainless steel with black color finishes. All necessary hardware and tools are included in the package, and it is easy to install with its included instructions. The towel warmer is powered by hardwiring it to standard electrical power (Rated Voltage: AC 120V/60Hz). It does not use a plug
- 【FAST SHIPPING& 2 YEAR WARRANTY】: Amazon ships with 3-6 business days. We pack our towel warmers as well as we can, if there are any damaged parts, please contact us first and provide us with pictures of damaged part, we will solve the problem to your satisfaction. Our products are covered by our manufacturer’s 2 year warranty for your peace of mind
Hardwired Programmable Timer: WarmlyYours 10-Bar Metropolitan Towel Warmer Review
WarmlyYours 10-Bar Metropolitan Towel Warmer
- PRODUCT FEATURE UPDATE: In a response customer reviews, we have changed the packaging to make sure each metropolitan heated towel warmer box includes a timer
- GENEROUS 10 HEATED TOWEL BAR DESIGN: The Metropolitan towel warmer rack uses 10 polished stainless steel heated bars to evenly distribute heat, warming up to 2 large bath towels or bathrobes. Please place no more than two (2) towels on the towel warmer at a time. Overloading the towel warmer may cause heat to become trapped and the unit to become too hot
- HARDWIRED AND WALLMOUNTABLE TOWEL RACK: This towel rack is wall-mounted with cord-free design, the metropolitan towel warmer rack hangs beautifully in any bathroom and is hardwired for 120 volts
- CLEAN AND CORROSION RESISTANT: Our heated towel rack is easy to clean and is made of durable 304-stainless steel construction which allows for continued usage that is resistant from corrosion
- COVERED BY A 2-YEAR WARRANTY : The Metropolitan heated towel warmer rack is covered by our manufacturer’s warranty for 2 years.
Perfect For Small Bathrooms: SHARNDY Electric Towel Warmer Review
SHARNDY Electric Towel Warmer
- 【TOWEL RACK DESIGN】SHARNDY electric heated towel warmer rack features 8 durable round bars to evenly distribute heat and warm up to towels or bathrobes, so that warm your towels easily. The unique design creates a large heated space between the towel rack and towels, which makes the towels dry faster. Dimension: H27.55” * W19.68” * D4.4” . The modern style makes the heated towel rack suitable for your home, hotel, apartment and spa etc.
- 【FAST HEATING & OVERHEAT PROTECTION】SHARNDY heated towel rack uses heating wires technology to warm your life. After you turn on the towel warmer, it will warm up within 10 minutes and reach optimum temperature 113-122°F / 45-50°C within 30-40 minutes. The SHARNDY towel rack comes with built-in Temp Smart overheat protection to prevent the unit’s surface temperature from exceeding 149°F / 65°C, it won't make the heat bars too hot to burn you. Keep your towels fresh and life healthy.
- 【INSTALLATION & CLEANING】The SHARNDY towel warmer is made of durable 201 stainless steel with polished finishes and easy to clean. All necessary accessories are included in the package, and it is very easy to install with our manual if you have a electric drill. The towel warmer is powered by a standard electrical outlet, which rated voltage is AC 120V/60Hz. SHARNDY heated towel rack is designed to run 24 hours a day. Silent heating, do not bother your life.
- 【ENERGY-SAVING & SPACE-SAVING】The SHARNDY towel heater comes with very low consumption rates so you don't have to worry about paying too much for electricity. Use electric to produce zero pollution and an economical 70W heat output costs less, an affordable alternative to traditional dryers. This towel warmer is lightweight, so there is no requirement for wall bearing and pressure on the wall. It’s wall mounted design saves space, not only a perfect towel heater, but also a wonderful decoration.
- 【GUARANTEE & CUSTOMIZE】Shipping within 24 hours, UL listed, 3 year warranty. Any problem after receiving the goods, please feel free to contact us immediately, our experienced customer service team will response in 24 hours. If you want to customize the towel warmer, please feel free to click Warm Partner to contact us.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Towel Warmers
Since we’ve been through the top 10 products and checked out their characteristics, it’s time to take a look at some questions that surely went through your mind if you ever were in the process of buying a new towel warmer. So, besides the towel warmers reviews that you were able to inspect above, we’ve also collected some of the best tips and things to take into consideration when shopping for towel warmers.
How to Choose the Best Towel Warmer
Getting the perfect model out of all the towel dryers out there is really a matter of adapting the offer on the market with your needs and plans. That raises a lot of questions starting with “where to buy a towel warmer” all the way to “how are you going to use the towel warmer? It’s a difference if you’re going to use it with a spa or pool or you just want to install one for your bathroom.
Thankfully, there are a lot of electric towel drying racks out there so there’s plenty to choose from. But all the diversity can also be harmful in your process of choosing the best towel drying rack. A good idea to apply when shopping for the best towel warmer for home, is to divide the main aspects regarding your purchase.
Like with any purchase, it is very important to first set up a budget limit and make sure you don’t overspend. This can be easily achieved if you buy a towel warmer that is cheap and has great reviews. Remember, an expensive model doesn’t necessarily offer you better results, it’s all about quality and the opinions of buyers that tested the products. Of course, if you want a high-end towel warmer, you will have to be ready to take more out of your pocket but that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune. Always keep a balance between how much you are ready to pay for the best towel warmer and the effectiveness it will have in your home.
Another important aspect is the size of the warmer. If you’re going to use it in a small bathroom, you don’t need to buy a 10-bar towel warmer and drying rack, you’ll be just fine with a smaller one. If, on the other hand, you want to use the towel warmer next to a pool or a bigger bathroom with a hot tub installed, you might want to choose a larger and more expensive model. Some of the best-rated towel warmers out there are the ones that are medium-sized simply because heating them up takes less time and are more efficient.
This category might overlap with the one above, however, it’s a totally different approach the purpose with which you buy bath towel warming racks can have nothing to do with their size. If you just want a model that will keep your towels warm and try for a good experience getting out of the shower, you have one choice. If, on the other hand, you want your towel dryer to also act as a radiator and perhaps heat the room at the same time, it’s clear that you will have to look for something totally different.
Best Towel Warmers Types
Just in case it didn’t become clear by reading the reviews, there are several types of towel warmers out there and it’s a good idea to know exactly what are the differences between them so you know exactly what you buy.
Electric heated towel warmer – direct electrical connection or plug-in
The best electric towel warmer is the one that gives a lot of heat while not consuming a lot of energy. Of course, that any customer would like such a model and that’s why we’ve presented above some of the finest electric towel warmers reviews for both the plug-in versions or the ones that are hardwired. The advantages of having a hardwired device is that you won’t have to worry about any malfunctions with the socket or the power switch. On the other hand, if it’s not a heated towel holder with a timer, you might get high electricity bills over time.
Personal Towel Warmer with Radiator Capabilities
This is a great choice if you’re going with a towel warming bar that saves space or if you have a small bathroom. The thing with this model is that you will need to connect it directly to the hot water supply of the house in order to get the most of it. And while the installation might be a bit trickier and you’ll have to pay more for someone to install it, judging by the towel warmers reviews, these are some of the best-rated products of their category. is a great choice if you’re going with a towel warming bar that saves space or if you have a small bathroom. The thing with this model is that you will need to connect it directly to the hot water supply of the house in order to get the most of it. And while the installation might be a bit trickier and you’ll have to pay more for someone to install it, judging by the towel warmers reviews, these are some of the best-rated products of their category.
Hydronic Towel Warmers
If you’re still wondering how to heat up a towel without consuming a lot of electrical power, the answer lays in the hydronic systems. These work on electricity as well but instead of using metallic coils that go inside the rack, they use a fluid that is heat-resistant to get the bars warm and ready. This automatically translates into less time for the warmer to get at the right temperature, a thing that is greatly appreciated by buyers reading heated towel bars reviews.
Helpful Tips and Tricks for Maintaining your Towel Dryer
So, you finally made up your mind and bought the best towel warmer for your needs. Obviously, you’d want your device to last as much as possible. So, in order to make the most out of your towel warmer, there are some things you need to keep in mind.
Get professional to install your towel warmer
No matter, if you’re going with a hardwired electrical towel warmer or a, plumbed into the water supply model, you will need professional to do the installing for you. No matter the extra costs, if this operation is not done right, there are high chances you just thrown money outside the window.
Make sure you have a stable electrical system
Even though your new towel dryers don’t use that much electricity, you’d still want to make sure you have an upgraded electrical service and make sure there’s nothing that can go wrong. It’s a good idea to have a solid electrical system all around the house but even more in the bathroom because we all know that water and electricity simply do not mix. Stay safe above everything!
Make sure to unplug id when you’re not using it
A towel warmer that plugs into a socket is not really something that you want to leave plugged in 24/7 to consume energy. Think about the environment if the high electricity bills don’t bother you and make sure you unplug your warmer when not in use. No to mention that by doing so you massively reduce the risks of accidents.
Clean it regularly
If you want to keep that brand-new chrome look of the towel warmer for a longer time, make sure you clean it regularly. All those shiny parts will not wear off if you don’t let water to accumulate on them. By doing so you will also avoid calcar deposits and your towel warmer will be as new for a longer time.
Make sure you use it as intended
It might get tempting to use your towel warmer as an all-in-one tool for your bathroom and also dry clothes on it or who knows what other purposes you might find for it. But just like with any other device, you must use it for the actions it was designed to perform, otherwise, you can register serious malfunctions or it can lead to accidents.
Regularly check your power cords
Another very important aspect in the entire maintenance progress when owning a towel warmer is checking the power cords for any signs of damage. In such a humid place such as the bathroom, even the smallest crack in the protective cover of a wire can lead to a short-circuit or a spark and especially considering that you are barefoot most of the time, you should be very aware.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2021
So, after you’ve been through the ride of your life in learning all there is to know about towel warmers and dryers, you’re finally ready to make the right decision on your own. Remember, a towel warmer is always a great addition in your bathroom simply for avoiding the feeling of getting out of a very hot and relaxing shower and having to wrap a cold towel around you. Buying the proper towel warmer you will get to extend that pleasant feeling and you will be able to fully relax after a hard day.
Make sure you keep in mind all the buying considerations we mentioned above since it can really make a difference when it comes to buying the perfect towel warmer for your bath and necessities. Keep a close eye on the budget and always buy exactly the model that fits best with your bathroom and showering routine.
According to homekakerguide advice, the feedback left by verified customers and the overall impressions of clients and specialists, the best choice for a towel warmer would be the Zadro Ultra Large Bucket-Style Towel Warmer simply because it has a stunning design, a great capacity and its portability is also a great plus. When to all that you add the fact that it can give you warm and dry towels in less than 20 minutes, what more can be said? Shopping for a towel warmer was never easier and more exciting than it is now with all the access to information that we have thanks to the Internet and big online shops.