10 Best Rated Upholstery Cleaners - Quick Comparison Table
As per the detailed study of the market based on consumer reports, here’s the list of the best upholstery cleaners that are available.
Best Overall Foam Upholstery Cleaner : #1 Best Seller - Chemical Guys CWS20316 Review
Chemical Guys is a fabric shampoo that's used for cleaning carpets, cloth, and cushioning. This concentrated shampoo can break down messes on any fabric surface. Spray a little coat over the stain and scrub it using a brush and wipe it with a cloth. The powerful foaming action helps to lift stains and dirt on any interior mess. It prevents bacteria from thriving and gives a lasting effect. This foam upholstery cleaner is available in 1 gallon, 64 ounces, and 4-ounce sizes.
This foam gives the fabric a brand new look. It also prevents foul smell from occurring again.
Why We Like It
- Capable of handling tough stains.
- Gives a clean and dry finishing
- Gets rid of microbes and foul smells
- Safe to use on all fabrics and colors
Best Upholstery Shampoo - Bissell 78H63 Deep Clean Pro 2X Review
Bissell Pro Max is one of the best heavy duty carpet and upholstery cleaners that is unbeatable compared to other brands. The ingredients present in the shampoo are 4 times more active than their counterparts. This professional upholstery cleaner has an eco-friendly composition. It makes it safe for both pets and kids. This cleaning solution does not contain any optical brighteners that will damage the fabrics. It has Scotchgard stain protection for carpets and makes it appear good for a long. Bissell has a triple action formula that safeguards, cleans, and removes the strong scent.
This solution enhances the performance of deep cleaning machines, even rentals.
Why We Like It
- Is suitable even for heavy stains
- Does not contain any heavy metals, dyes or phosphate
- Has certification that it is safe to use
- The cleaning power is of professional grade
Best Upholstery Stain Remover : Good For Carpets Fabric Protection Spray Review
Carpet spot remover is one of the best carpet stain removers that works wonders. This upholstery cleaner can clean up those awful stains. Be it a spill from your red wine or your morning coffee or even your infant spilling food around. Such a mess can be well handled by using this cleaning spray, which acts as a great spot remover. It is even safe to use at home. This rug and upholstery cleaner comes in a 540 ml or 18 fl ounce bottle.
It is powerful enough to use in commercial areas. For great results, you need to handle the stains as soon as possible.
Why We Like It
- Is suitable for use on most surfaces
- Gives instant results while cleaning
- Gets rid off animal poop stains and paint effectively
- Is lightly scented and doesn’t last long
Powerful On Stains: Hoover AH30330NF Review
Are you looking for a cleaning solution that you can use daily for your routine cleaning? Hoover solution is one of the best upholstery cleaners that you must have in your cabinet. It gives a professional-grade feel by eliminating foul odors and stains from carpets, rugs, car interiors, and padding. The formula used is non-toxic and safe for your family. It does not contain phosphates that cause allergic reactions to those having sensitive skin types. The bottle has a capacity of 120 ounces.
This upholstery cleaner has a pleasant smell and not strong like the other chemicals found in stores. It is suitable for carpet washer machines as well.
- The advanced formula makes it the best biodegradable solution
- Great for both outdoor and indoor cleaning, which includes vehicle interiors
- Made in the USA
- Had a concentration that is double that of its competitors
- Doesn't remove pet stains completely
Best Upholstery Fabric Cleaner : Chemical Guys SPI_191_16 Review
Do you find marks and spots in various places left by family members? It's not easy to eliminate set-in messes and tough stains. Chemical Guys Fabric Clean is the best upholstery spot cleaner that comes in handy during such situations. This upholstery cleaner does not contain any toxic chemicals and removes dirt from within the carpet fibers to give a clean look. The formula has a degreasing agent that repels dirt from the surface after cleaning. It is designed using novel biotechnology to tackle grime at the molecular level for deep cleansing.
This upholstery fabric cleaner also helps to get rid of foul smells.
- Safe to use near children and pets
- Scrubbing is not required
- Does not contain any trace of ammonia
- The formula is specially formulated for fabrics
- Too concentrated, hence need to dilute the solution
Best Fabric Cleaner For Furniture : Folex Carpet Spot Remover Review
Folex Carpet spot remover protects colors and works on most surfaces. This water-based upholstery cleaner can be used on clothing and furniture. It does not require any vacuuming or rinsing. You can blot it using a cloth, and it does not harm your skin. In most cases, you can find the results of the spot remover instantly. For set-in and old grease and dirt, you may have to treat it a few more times for perfect results.
It leaves behind no sticky residue. Hence, it doesn't attract dust onto the cleaned surfaces.
- The formula does not contain any toxic chemicals
- Scrubbing is not required, and it's easy to use
- Is suitable for various surfaces
- It is also used for pre-treating laundry
- Most bottles are often defective, leaving the customers unsatisfied
Best Leather Conditioner: Leather Honey Leather Cleaner Review
Leather Honey Leather Conditioner is a product of the same company that produces leather products for more than 50 years. This leather upholstery cleaner does not contain any harsh and toxic additives and chemicals. This vinyl upholstery cleaner is gentle and preserves the natural dyes and oils present in the leather items. It works well on most surfaces such as plastic, rubber leather, and vinyl. Using just this cleansing solution, you can clean your entire car interiors.
The formula is available in concentrated form, making it economical. The conditioner softens and cleans your leather, making it appear fresh and beautiful.
- Offers unlimited satisfaction to the customers
- The formula does not contain any toxic chemicals and solvents
- Leather treatment is effective and lasts for six months
- It is known as the best leather care product in the market
- Causes discoloration to some leather products
Forcefield Leather Cleaner And Conditioner Reviews
- The finest fabric and fiber cleaner on the market today
- Removes the toughest soils and stains from water-safe materials
- Great for area rugs, carpet and upholstery
- Fabric Cleaner not only cleans, it helps keep carpets, rugs, upholstery, clothing, and other fibers cleaner, longer
Best Upholstery Fabric Cleaner For Sofa : Resolve Upholstery Cleaner & Stain Remover Review
Resolve is one of the best upholstery cleaners for sofas. This furniture upholstery cleaner lifts odor and dirt from household items such as drapes, mattresses, and couches. For areas that are frequently used like doorsteps and hallways, this remover can remove the dirt and foul odor entirely. The Triple Oxi Action power can remove stubborn messes from carpets permanently. The Resolve Trigger Spray is suitable to target and clean small and specific corners.
It's perfect to use on various fabrics like cotton, nylon, and polyester mixes. It effectively removes food grease and makeup stains, wine and coffee spills and gives a fresh feel.
- Does not result in discoloring or fading when used as instructed
- For better results, treat the spills as soon as possible
- Acts as a multi-fabric cleanser that works on various surfaces
- It can target specific spots and areas
- Has an unpleasant odor
Woolite Carpet And Upholstery Cleaner & Stain Remover With Long-Lasting Effect Review
The Woolite cleaning solution is an excellent cleaner for upholstery and furniture. This couch upholstery cleaner makes use of Triple-action technology to clean, refresh, and discard smells. The Stainlift technology is capable of tackling hard and aged spills and stains without leaving a trace. Spray the foam onto fabrics and scrub it gently using the brush to remove dirt. Each Woolite bottle comes in 12-ounce capacity.
The form is gentle on fabric surfaces. It also removes stains and dirt effectively.
- It has a patent for removing foul odors
- Gives a clean and long-lasting fragrance
- Safe to use on most materials
- It comes with a brush that is fabric safe
- May leave stain residue after cleaning treatment
Best Water Free Dry Cleaning Solvent For Upholstery
- Effective on grease, tar, coffee, lipstick, ink, blood stains and more
- Interior cleaner lifts stains off of carpet, upholstery and floor mats
- Easy-to-use brush cap helps remove ground-in stains and soils
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Upholstery Cleaner
How to choose the best upholstery cleaner
Be it modern or traditional padding, selecting the best cushioning cleanser will give a refreshing look. Before purchasing an item, see if it will work for your material. For instance, for leather cushioning, leather or suede upholstery cleaner will work well than a cloth upholstery cleaner. Go through our guide to find out more.
You may come across a variety of cleaning agents like sprays, shampoos, aerosols, and detergents. You can choose the solution that suits you best. Test the cleaning solution on a hidden portion to avoid any mishaps. Also, ensure these are safe to use around kids and animals.
Before using any cushioning cleaning agent, you have to read the label instructions of the furniture. It will help you avoid causing damage to the material. Some may require water-based items, whereas some need water-free cleansers. Choose the right one for a good finishing.
While hunting for the perfect cleanser, check into stores online for discounts on bigger bottles. Go for ones that clean effectively and fit your wallet. You can also use a deck cleaner or a laminate floor cleaner to get the job done economically.
Best Upholstery Cleaner Types
The cushioning type of furniture plays a significant role in selecting a cleaning solution. Nobody wishes to get their furniture damaged and discolored by using the wrong cleanser. Manufacturers have a code system in place to let the users know what products are feasible.
Solvent Only Cleaning Agents (S)
These fabrics should be dry cleaned only. Spills on S rated furniture can be spot cleaned using a dry-cleaning product or water-free cleansers.
Water-Based Cleaning Agents (W)
These are the easiest to clean. You can use water-based shampoos or foam cleansers and scrub gently to get the work done.
Water Free Cleaning Agents (X)
These fabrics have to be gently brushed, vacuumed, or wiped using a dry cloth. Cleansers like microfiber upholstery cleaner and velvet upholstery cleaner are the best.
Mild Water-Based, Or Dry Cleaning Products (W/S)
These type of fabrics needs to be spot cleaned. Test on a hidden spot before applying to a larger area.
How To Make Upholstery Cleaner?
Even though commercial products are available, you can make padding cleaning solutions at home using regular items. Effective pre-treatment for cushioning is to apply baking soda to the affected areas. Use a brush to scrub it onto the fabric and then wipe it off or vacuum the powder. Once the dirt loosens, prepare a homemade stain remover. Follow the instructions:
- Take a spray bottle and mix 1c white vinegar and 1c rubbing alcohol.
- Spray it onto the stains without over saturating the material.
- Wait for a few minutes and then scrub it using a brush to loosen the grime.
- Use a dry cloth to blot the fabric till it dries.
How To Clean A Fabric Couch?
You can clean your favorite fabric couch using these simple steps:
- Using Baking Soda: Wipe the sofa using a dry cloth and remove all the dirt stuck around. For instance, vacuum pet hair and other food particles from the couch. After this, sprinkle baking soda onto the couch and leave for an hour or so. For deeper cleansing, you can combine it with any sofa upholstery cleaner. Baking soda helps to loosen the stains from the fabric fibers. A gentle scrub will do the rest.
- Vacuuming: Allow the baking soda to dry and vacuum the mixture. This helps to eliminate the surface dust.
- Spot Cleansing: For stubborn and aged stains, you can use steam cleaning. Always remember to vacuum before and after the steaming is over. You can also use an ionizer for a home to cleanse the air from dust particles to prevent allergies.
How Do You Remove Stains From Upholstery?
Firstly scrape off any dried grease on the surface using a plastic item. If the grease spill is wet, use a damp paper tissue to blot. Then follow these steps.
- Sprinkle baking soda thoroughly over the stain.
- Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes.
- Take a dry upholstery cleaner and wet cloth using the disinfectant. Then press it onto the greasy spill and wipe it away.
If the residue persists, repeat the above steps till the stains are gone.
How To Clean Your Sofa (video tutorial)
What Is a Good Upholstery Cleaner - Verdict and Our Recommendation For 2021
Your cushioning furniture is a valuable décor in your living space. Over time, dust, dirt, and spills may appear on your furniture.
All these cleaners are effective in tackling tough stains. The best upholstery cleaner 2021 is Chemical Guys CWS20316. Our team of experts from homemakerguide.com considers it the best among the various brands to get rid off odor and microbes.
This padding cleaning agent is safe to use and prolong the life of your furniture.
How do you clean your furniture? Do you know any unusual tricks? Share them with us!
- 1 10 Best Rated Upholstery Cleaners - Quick Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall Foam Upholstery Cleaner : #1 Best Seller - Chemical Guys CWS20316 Review
- 1.2 Best Upholstery Shampoo - Bissell 78H63 Deep Clean Pro 2X Review
- 1.3 Best Upholstery Stain Remover : Good For Carpets Fabric Protection Spray Review
- 1.4 Powerful On Stains: Hoover AH30330NF Review
- 1.5 Best Upholstery Fabric Cleaner : Chemical Guys SPI_191_16 Review
- 1.6 Best Fabric Cleaner For Furniture : Folex Carpet Spot Remover Review
- 1.7 Best Leather Conditioner: Leather Honey Leather Cleaner Review
- 1.8 Forcefield Leather Cleaner And Conditioner Reviews
- 1.9 Best Upholstery Fabric Cleaner For Sofa : Resolve Upholstery Cleaner & Stain Remover Review
- 1.10 Woolite Carpet And Upholstery Cleaner & Stain Remover With Long-Lasting Effect Review
- 1.11 Best Water Free Dry Cleaning Solvent For Upholstery
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Upholstery Cleaner
- 3 FAQ
- 4 What Is a Good Upholstery Cleaner - Verdict and Our Recommendation For 2021