- 1 Top 10 Best Vinyl Cutting Machines: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: #1 Best Seller In Scrapbooking Die-Cut Machines - Cricut Explore Air 2 Mint Cutter Review
- 1.2 Easy To Use: #1 New Release In Scrapbooking Die-Cut Machines - Cricut Joy Machine Review
- 1.3 Professional Performance: Cricut Maker Cutting Machine Review
- 1.4 Compact: Silhouette Portrait 2 Cutting Tool Review
- 1.5 Built-in Scanner: Brother ScanNCut Electronic DIY Cutting Machine Review
- 1.6 Perfect Software: Silhouette Cameo 4 with Bluetooth Review
- 1.7 Large Cutting Area: Brother Cutting Machine with Scanner Review
- 1.8 Fast Performance: Gemini by Crafter's Companion Cutting Embossing Machine Review
- 1.9 Deep Cut: Silhouette America Curio Crafting Printer Review
- 1.10 Great Entry Level Cutter: USCutter Vinyl Cutter Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Vinyl Cutting Machine
- 3 BEST VINYL CUTTING MACHINE 2020. FINAL ADVICE
Top 10 Best Vinyl Cutting Machines: Comparison Table
Best Overall: #1 Best Seller In Scrapbooking Die-Cut Machines - Cricut Explore Air 2 Mint Cutter Review
- [CREATE MORE] The Cricut Explore Air 2 is your personal DIY cutting machine. It will flawlessly cut over 100+ different types of materials including premium vinyl, iron-on and htv vinyl, cardstock, faux leather, adhesive foils, specialty paper, poster board and more
- [ENDLESS PROJECT POSSIBILITIES] The Cricut Explore Air 2 makes it so easy to create a wide arrange of DIY projects. Make custom stickers, personalized home decor, home-made gifts and party favors, unique greeting cards, custom designed apparel, and more
- [INCLUDED WITH MACHINE] Each machine includes a Cricut Premium Fine Point Blade and Housing, a Cricut 12 inch x12 inch LightGrip Adhesive Cutting Mat (perfect for vinyl and htv projects), a Cricut Black Fine Point Pen, access to Cricut's design software Design Space, and a 2-week free trial to Cricut Access
- [DESIGN FOR FREE] Upload or create and design your own images for free from your computer, tablet or mobile phone using Cricut's free design software Design Space. Enhance your Design Space experience by subscribing to Cricut Access, Cricut's vast library of over 100, 000 images, fonts, and Make-It-Now projects and designs
- [BECOME A PART OF A COMMUNITY] We know it can be intimidating to start creating your first DIY projects, so don’t do it alone. When you buy a Cricut you become part of a close-knit community of crafters, makers and DIYers. There are dozens of groups across all social media platforms that allow our members to share tips, ask for help and share their projects and inspiration with an amazing community
Easy To Use: #1 New Release In Scrapbooking Die-Cut Machines - Cricut Joy Machine Review
- [DIY Made Easy] Whether you are new to DIY, or a seasoned crafter looking for a more convenient way to complete those quick projects. This smart little cutting, writing, and label making machine is perfect for you. Cricut Joy's small size makes it the perfect companion to the Cricut Air 2 or Cricut Maker machines.
- [Add That Personal Touch] Adding that extra touch to your projects is easier than ever. Cricut Joy can make continuous cuts up to 4 feet and repeated cuts up to 20 feet using Cricut Smart Materials. (Available in Vinyl, HTV Iron On, and Label Vinyl varieties.) No cutting mat needed. Just load and go. Or use other popular materials like Cricut Infusible Ink, Cardstock, or Insert Cards using Cricut Joy Cutting Mats and Cricut Joy Card Mats.
- [Get Organized] See you later label maker. Cricut Joy can cut and write custom labels for a variety of home organization projects. Organizing the pantry, toiletries, storage bins and more with Cricut Smart Vinyl and Cricut Pens.
- [Design For Free] Upload and create your own designs for free using Cricut Design Space. Design on your computer tablet or mobile device using our iOs or Android apps. Take your Design Space experience to the next level with Cricut Access, a monthly subscription to our vast library of over 100k images, fonts, and Make-It-Now projects.
- [Included in the box] Cricut Joy Cutting Machine, Premium Fine Point Blade and Housing, Fine Point Pen, StandardGrip Mat (4. 5" x 6. 5"), Welcome Card, Power Adapter, Free trial membership to Cricut Access (for new subscribers, 50 ready-to-make projects online, and sample Smart Material for a practice cut.)
Professional Performance: Cricut Maker Cutting Machine Review
- [CREATE MORE] Cricut Maker gives you the freedom to make everything from paper crafts, iron ons, and vinyl decals to sewing projects, leather crafts, and balsa models
- [ENDLESS PROJECT POSSIBILITIES] Expandable suite of tools. With its powerful blades, pens, and scoring tool, Cricut Maker grows with you as you learn each new craft
- [NEW ROTARY BLADE FOR FABRICS] With its gliding, rolling action, this blade cuts through virtually any fabric quickly and accurately – without backing material
- [ACCESS TO HUNDREDS OF DIGITAL SEWING PROJECTS] Simplifies sewing and quilting projects. Choose from hundreds of digital sewing patterns, and Cricut Maker cuts and marks all the pieces – you just sew them together
- [DESIGN FOR FREE] Simple design apps. Lay out your project on your mobile device or computer easily and conveniently, whether you’re a beginner or a pro. You can always upload and use your own images and fonts for free, in a variety of standard file formats
Compact: Silhouette Portrait 2 Cutting Tool Review
- Silhouette Portrait 2 with Bluetooth and Autoblade
- Cuts a variety of materials including: cardstock, fabric, heat transfer material, transparencies, paper, vellum, adhesive vinyland magnet paper
- Mac and PC compatible software included
- 50 exclusive digital designs
- Note: Kindly refer user manual before use
Built-in Scanner: Brother ScanNCut Electronic DIY Cutting Machine Review
- BLADE SENSOR TECHNOLOGY: Revolutionary, cutting machine detects the height (thickness) of the material. You don’t need to select the material type or adjust blade depth before cutting
- BUILT-IN SCANNER: The 600 DPI built-in scanner easily turns your scanned images into cut data without the need for a software or PC, giving you virtually endless design options
- CUT THICKER MATERIALS: Brother introduces a home and hobby electronic cutting machine blade that cuts up to 0.1-inch (3 mm) in thickness. Cut a wide-variety of materials like foam and felt virtually effortlessly with Auto Blade
- WHISPER QUIET: Cuts and scans with little noise compared to previous models. The redesigned, quieter mechanism is perfect for use in small office or business setting where noise can be very distracting
- CUT LARGER SCALE PROJECTS: Expand creative possibilities by cutting up to 12-inch wide material and up to 1785.3mm (70.2 inches or 5.85 feet) in length with the new roll feeder function that accommodates our ScanNCut adhesive vinyl rolls
Perfect Software: Silhouette Cameo 4 with Bluetooth Review
- BONUS MATERIAL ONLY ON AMAZON: copy of the Silhouette Handbook and 10 exclusive designs. The Cameo 4 stands apart from previous models with the new dual motor system, which allows you to cut in two distinct ways. Carriage one provides the Cameo 4 with unparalleled speed and operated from a solenoid motor that provides smooth and intricate cuts. Sketch up to 3x faster than previous models. Carriage two is operated by an entirely different style of motor that allows for unprecedented power.
- The Silhouette Cameo 4 is the evolution in desktop cutting. Conveniently stored in the machine's compact pull-out drawer is a new built in roll feeder for quickly cutting vinyl and heat transfer material directly from a roll. On the back of the Cameo 4 You will find a built in cross cutter allowing for a clean straight edge cut on your vinyl roll for your next project.
- The Cameo unique dual carriage allows for tool Type detection. The machine's ultra-smart system uses tool sensor technology that detects what tool you are using which then triggers the silhouette Studio software to adjust cut settings automatically.
- The Cameo 4 carriage 2 boasts additional cutting force! With the increased downforce of the Cameo 4, we now offer a new rotary and Kraft blade (Sold separately) that have been specifically designed to operate with the Cameo smart tangential technology. With smart tangential technology the Cameo 4 cuts thicker material without sacrificing quality with each cut. The Cameo 4 offers true mat-less cutting which allows cutting cardstock, paper, and other materials without using a mat.
- The autoblade has been reconfigured especially for the Cameo 4. This second generation autoblade will have a single-tap reset which will reduce the time needed for the Cameo 4 to automatically adjust the blade setting for your project.
Large Cutting Area: Brother Cutting Machine with Scanner Review
- CREATE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX: The CM350E electronic cutting machine gives you the option to work directly on your machine with the 631 built-in designs and easy-to-use editing tools on the 4.85" touchscreen LCD display . No PC or mobile device required!
- SCAN DRAWINGS: The 300dpi built in scanner allows you to scan your drawing to convert it to a one-of-a-kind cut file, directly cut printed stickers, and precisely place designs without counting blocks
- STUNNING DIY PROJECTS: Craft with 631 built-in designs, including 100 quilt designs and 7 lettering fonts. Add your own SVG design files and additional free patterns via a free CanvasWorkspace account using the USB port and wireless capability
- CUTS UP TO 2 MM THICKNESS: The Brother Home Electronic Cutting Machine effortlessly cuts materials up to 2mm thick such as paper, vinyl, fabric and foam
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: The CM350E comes with a 12" x 12" standard tack mat, standard blade and holder, black and red pens and holder, touch pen, spatula, accessory pouch, pattern collection with 76 additional patterns, and ScanNCut online activation card
Fast Performance: Gemini by Crafter's Companion Cutting Embossing Machine Review
- The Gemini is fast and quiet and has a sleek, low-profile design
- It enables edge-to-edge cutting of US letter ADN A4 materials
- Cuts up to 8.5x11" size
- Compatible with most dies and embossing folders
- Easy to use with pause, resume and reverse buttons on the machine
Deep Cut: Silhouette America Curio Crafting Printer Review
- The Curio is taking giant leaps forward with its new features; Along with the new stippling and etching functions, Silhouette is proud to introduce three types of embossing methods-Path Emboss, Score & Emboss, and Print & Emboss
- With Curio, you can now cut thicker material. When used with Silhouette's new deep-cut blade, you can cut up to 2mm thick materials; The Curio boasts a 5mm clearance, which allows you to feed thicker materials through the machine
- It's all driven by powerful Silhouette Studio software and the Silhouette Design Store. The Curio is the only machine that can unlock the embossing, stippling, and etching, and dual carriage options that will now be available in Silhouette Studio
Great Entry Level Cutter: USCutter Vinyl Cutter Review
- TRUSTED PERFORMANCE. Number 1 selling vinyl cutter in the country for 10 years. 34 inches feed width. 30 inches cut width.
- START A HOME-BASED BUSINESS. Make graphics for your community, or bring your signage production needs in-house. Signs, banners, decals, heat transfer for apparel.
- VERSATILE AND DURABLE. 3 fully adjustable pinch-rollers. Adjustable speed and pressure. Superior ball-bearing dual roller system for feeding vinyl.
- FREE US-BASED TECHNICAL SUPPORT. Lifetime phone support and web-based resources.
- FREE INCLUDED VECTORIZING AND CUT SOFTWARE. Create original artwork or vectorize images with VinylMaster Cut. Also includes free vinyl, blanks, and tools.
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The Best Vinyl Cutting Machine
How to choose the best vinyl cutting machine
The choice of a vinyl plotter is an essential task. It is necessary to familiarize yourself with the main technical features of cutting plotters. It is equally important to find out the functionality of a device and learn how to service them. The best Cricut machine can work with a large number of different materials – thermal film, photo paper, designer cardboard, magnetic vinyl, and other types of film.
Furthermore, the choice of a particular material largely determines the size of the plotter and its cost. For example, if you decide to do stickers, postcards, or plan to work with photos at home, you can choose an inexpensive model with a working area (width of the material) to 300-400 mm. However, for large-format materials, it is necessary to select an electronic device with an increased cutting area – up to 1900 mm. Such models will allow creating vast canvases, for example, stickers on the car or advertising banners. When choosing such a device, pay attention to the following criteria:
Types Of Knives
There are three main types of knives for plotters: vane – this is used for roller plotters and some types of tablets; tangential – used to cut thick, viscous materials on flatbed printers; bigger – are necessary for punching of cardboard, corrugated cardboard, electro cardboard, thick paper, packing. The most common are the first two types of knives, but there are fundamental differences between them.
Pressure On The Knife
The main area of use of the machine determines with what materials it will most often work. Also, one of the critical parameters is the pressure of the knife. This indicator is measured in grams and is set in the plotter settings before the operation.
The Angle Of Knife Sharpening
It is equally important to pay attention to the angle of sharpening the knife. Knives with angles of 30º, 45º and 60º are usually installed in cutting plotters. The knife sharpened at an angle of 30º is ideal for the thinnest films – 25-50 microns. A blade with an angle of 45º is considered to be universal because it will cope well with most thermal transfer and self-adhesive films 50-100 microns thick. A 60-degree knife is necessary in cases where it is required to cut a thick flock or various types of transfer films with a thickness of more than 100 microns.
Electric Motors: Step-Type And With Servo-Drive
The knife in the Cricut vinyl device is driven by an engine, which is usually of two types – mechanical stepping (they are noisier) or with a digital servo (they are up-to-date). You should also pay attention to the speed and precision of cutting material. This is a fundamental criterion, as this affects the quality of the product when it exists.
Vinyl Cutting Machines Types
By functionality, it is possible to distinguish cutting-printing types of cutting plotters. They allow only materials and patterns. Cutting-printing has a print function. They are more intended for professional use, and their price is higher. According to the principle of the device, it is possible to divide the plotters into rolls and tabletop vinyl cutters. Rolls are used for film, vinyl, fabric. A tabletop vinyl cutter is made in the form of a table, to which the material is fixed.
BEST VINYL CUTTING MACHINE 2020. FINAL ADVICE
Vinyl cutting machines are distinguished by the fact that their range is not limited only to professional models. Today, you can easily buy a model, which will serve as an excellent tool for a home hobby, handmade, or specific office needs. We give our preference to Cricut Explore Air 2 Mint Cutter for its quick work, the possibility of working via Bluetooth and the big base of projects. This best cutter you can use at home, at the office, and in the industrial sphere, unlike other such as the Silhouette Portrait 2 Cutting Tool and others which are best used only in one area. It is a top Cricut machine that is confirmed by many vinyl plotter reviews and by homemakerguide experts.