- 1 Top 6 Best Weed And Feed For St. Augustine Grass: Comparison Table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Top For New Grass - Scotts Turf Builder Starter Food for New Grass Plus Weed Preventer Review
- 1.2 Great Liquid Option: Easiest To Use - Simple Lawn Solutions Lawn Food Natural Liquid Fertilizer Review
- 1.3 Efficient: Scotts Turf Builder Bonus S Southern Weed & Feed Review
- 1.4 Great Formula: Spectracide Weed & Feed Review
- 1.5 Easy To Spread: Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action Review
- 1.6 Great For Southern Lawns: Scotts Turf Builder Southern Triple Action Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best weed and feed for St. Augustine grass
- 3 Best weed and feed for St. Augustine grass FAQs
- 4 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
Top 6 Best Weed And Feed For St. Augustine Grass: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Top For New Grass - Scotts Turf Builder Starter Food for New Grass Plus Weed Preventer Review
- 2-in-1 formula feeds new grass and prevents weeds for up to 6 weeks
- Prevents crabgrass, dandelions, and other weeds from invading your new grass
- Improves seeding results--also great for sod and grass plugs
- Use on any grass type, whether you're planting new grass, starting a new lawn, or reseeding an existing one
- Covers 5,000 sq. ft.; Not sold in FL
Great Liquid Option: Easiest To Use - Simple Lawn Solutions Lawn Food Natural Liquid Fertilizer Review
- Complete NPK Lawn Food: 16-4-8 is the perfect blend of key macronutrients. This lawn liquid food turf fertilizer also contains Seaweed & Fish.
- Contains High Quality Feed Grade Ingredients: Nourish your lawn to health with pure liquid Nutrients. We believe in nourishing your lawn to health the right way.
- Easy To Use: Designed to be easily applied. This complete Nitrogen, Phosphate and Potash formula gives your grass greening & growth while providing nutrients for roots, health and turf strength.
- All Grass types: Including Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Buffalo, Centipede, Florida Palmetto, Bahia, Fescue, Ryegrass & Kentucky Bluegrass
- Produced In The United States: 16-4-8 is manufactured in the United States of America, by a family owned business with 25 years of former experience in the commercial professional turf industry.
Efficient: Scotts Turf Builder Bonus S Southern Weed & Feed Review
- Kills dollarweed, clover and other listed lawn weeds
- Feeds grass to crowd out future weeds
- Builds strong, deep grass roots to strengthen against heat and drought
- Not for use on Bermudagrass
- Only for use on St. Augustinegrass (including Floratam), centipede, zoysia and carpetgrass lawns
Great Formula: Spectracide Weed & Feed Review
- DUAL-ACTION FORMULA: Kills major broadleaf weeds while feeding your lawn
- FEEDS LAWN: Fertilizes with 20 percent nitrogen formulation
- KILLS WEEDS: Controls dandelion, chickweed, knotweed, plantain, clover, mallow, purslane and many broadleaf weeds as listed
- QUICKFLIP SPRAYER: Just connect to your hose and spray – just grip, flip and go
Easy To Spread: Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action Review
- Triple Action kills, prevents and feeds
- Kills the weeds you see and the ones you don't, including dandelions, chickweed, clover and most other common broadleaf weeds as listed
- Prevents crabgrass for 4 months and feeds to build thick green lawns
- Also prevents barnyardgrass, fall panicum, foxtail, annual bluegrass, broadleaf weeds, corn speedwell, prostrate spurge, knotweed, purslane, chickweed, henbit and oxalis
- For use on Bermudagrass, Bahiagrass, Centipedegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, Tall Fescue and Fine Fescue, and Zoyiagrass
Great For Southern Lawns: Scotts Turf Builder Southern Triple Action Review
- Scotts Turf Builder Southern Triple Action kills, prevents and feeds
- Kills weeds, including dollarweed, clover, oxalis, plantain, chickweed and henbit
- Prevents and kills fire ants, armyworms, fleas, mole crickets, chinchbugs, sod webworms and ticks for up to 6 months
- Fertilizes to build thick green lawns
- For use on St. Augustinegrass (including Floratam), Centipedegrass, Zoysiagrass and Carpetgrass
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need to Know About the best weed and feed for St. Augustine grass
How to choose the best weed and feed for St. Augustine grass
Here are some things that you should know before purchasing St. Augustine weed and feed:
Before you buy fertilizers, make sure you check its composition. The formula is different is every company, and the contents included in the herbicide can directly affect your St. Augustine grass. The best fertilizer for St. Augustine grass is one that is rich in nitrogen and iron. The nitrogen provided nutrition to plants, and the iron makes your garden look greener.
The area covered by the fertilizer mainly depends on the composition and amount of the product used. St. Augustine grass fertilizers can cover up to 50,000 sq. feet when a generous amount is applied. Approximately, you will need 12 to 13 pounds of the product for a 50,000 sq. feet lawn.
If your herbicide contains atrazine, be careful while using it. It can harm your lawn and the quality of the soil as well. Use selective fertilizers or herbicides. The selective formulas affect weed and do not harm the luscious St. Augustine grass. Buy the best weed and feed for southern lawns available online.
The effectiveness of the product mainly depends on the chemical formula used. While some fertilizers take a long time to start working, others work quickly and produce visible results. The weed and feed for St. Augustine grass start working within two weeks and is an efficient weed killer.
Some herbicides may contain harmful ingredients and can be dangerous for children and pets. Read the instructions printed on the cover to understand how to handle and apply the fertilizer. Some of the best fertilizers for St. Augustine grass in Florida are safe for children and the environment.
Best weed and feed for St. Augustine grass types
Liquid fertilizers are an affordable, healthy, and organic option. It is easy to spray, and the liquid molecules penetrate the soil quickly. The liquid variant has the perfect ratio of the three important chemicals – nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. Liquid fertilizers are sold in different sizes, therefore, you can buy any amount required for your lawn. The effectiveness is much better in the case of liquid weed and feed. The organic lawn fertilizer does not damage your lawn and is completely safe for kids and pets. The liquid herbicide is the best lawn fertilizer if you have a large one.
The granular category is a cheap and easily available option. The grains present in the mixture are loaded with herbicides that slowly get absorbed in the soil. You can find some of the top-rated granular herbicides on several online websites. Apply the fertilizer as per the necessity and keep your lawn hydrated. Get your soil tested before you buy any fertilizer in the market. Read weed and feed for St Augustine grass review to understand which kind of weed and feed for St. Augustine grass you need.
Best weed and feed for St. Augustine grass FAQs
What is St. Augustine grass?St. Augustine is a type of grass that grows during the warmer months. It is mainly found in the South as the weather pattern is favorable for the growth of its growth. The grass requires a lot of sunlight and grows well in a warm climate.
When to fertilize St Augustine grass?
You can apply the fertilizer at the interval of at least 2 months. If the compound has slow-release properties, you may wait an additional month before applying the fertilizer again.
How to apply weed and feed?
The instructions are usually printed on the product. To be safe, wear gloves when you handle the product. For a liquid variant, you can spray the product on the field. However, if the herbicide is granular, you will have to sprinkle it over the field. Read the instructions carefully before proceeding with the act.
How long does it take weed and feed to work?
The herbicide usually starts working within two weeks. Some newer brands have launched fertilizers and herbicides that create a visible difference within 10 days. You may also buy the variants that take up to one month to start worki]ng. The best weed and feed for St Augustine grass starts working within 8-10 days.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2020
According to us, the best weed and feed for St Augustine grass 2020 is Scotts Turf Builder Starter Food for New Grass Plus Weed Preventer. You can also read some weed and feed for St Augustine grass reviews online.
If you are someone who dreams of achieving a beautiful lawn, growing some St. Augustine grass would be an excellent option. However, the crop is not meant for cold climates and does not prefer shade. There are several products available, and you can choose the best weed and feed for St Augustine grass 2020, according to the soil conditions of your lawn.