- 1 Top 10 Best wifi routers: comparison table
- 1.1 Best Overall: Fastest Performance - NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router Review
- 1.2 Intergrated USB Ports: Most Reliable - TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Review
- 1.3 Enhanced Parental Controls: D-Link AC1900 WiFi Router Review
- 1.4 High Speeds For Multiple Devices: TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Smart WiFi Router Review
- 1.5 Quad Core Processor: ASUS Wireless AC1700 Dual Band Gigabit Router Review
- 1.6 Tri Band Technology: Linksys Tri-Band WiFi Router for Home Review
- 1.7 For Minimizing Dead Zones: NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System Review
- 1.8 OFDMA Technology: TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router Review
- 1.9 Easy To Set Up: Amazon eero WiFi router Review
- 1.10 Advanced Protection: ASUS AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router with MU-Mimo Review
- 2 Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The best wifi router
- 3 Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Top 10 Best wifi routers: comparison table
Obviously, you need the best model of modern best wifi router and you need it right now. Thus, we have prepared reviews of all notable devices that can be of interest to you. Here are five models each of which has a unique set of advantages.
Despite the fact that these models are quite different in functions and design, they have one thing in common – these are the first-class routers from the most reliable and innovative manufacturers. This means you can choose freely, knowing that your new best wifi router, whatever it may be, will not disappoint you.
Best Overall: Fastest Performance - NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router Review
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2000 square feet wireless coverage with AC2300 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1625 Mbps).
- Recommended for up to 35 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a dual core 1GHz processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports.
Intergrated USB Ports: Most Reliable - TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Review
- Wireless internet router works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi Fi devices, 802; 11AC and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz + 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- 3 external antennas for long range Wi Fi
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to Multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily Share Your USB drive content
Enhanced Parental Controls: D-Link AC1900 WiFi Router Review
- Works with the Google Assistant and Alexa – Voice Control with Google Assistant or Alexa lets you manage your network without lifting a finger
- Enhanced Profile Based Parental Controls - Create profiles for each user and their devices, set schedules, limit Internet access, and more
- Easily handles everything you throw at it with high-power dual-core processor
- Free D-Link Wi-Fi app - Set up and manage your network from your smartphone
- Expand your coverage from the bedroom to the kitchen and even the backyard. D-Link Wi-Fi Mesh makes it easy to mix-and-match with compatible D-Link extenders for your own customized mesh network.
High Speeds For Multiple Devices: TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Smart WiFi Router Review
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Dual band router upgrades to 1200 Mbps high speed internet (300mbps for 2.4GHz + 900Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K stream
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, ideal for any internet plan and allow you to directly connect your wired devices
- MU-MIMO technology (5GHz band) allows high speeds for multiple devices simultaneously
- AP mode, can be switched to access point mode to share your internet wirelessly
Quad Core Processor: ASUS Wireless AC1700 Dual Band Gigabit Router Review
- Concurrent Dual band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC1700 wireless router with the latest 802. 11ac MU MIMO (4T4R) technology for data transfer speeds up to 1700 Mbps
- Quad core processor with 256MB ram optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 0 and 4x Gigabit LAN ports
- Mu Mimo (3x3) delivers full speed for multiple devices by connecting multiple MU MIMO compatible clients at each device's maximum Wi Fi speed simultaneously
- AiRadar Beamforming technology with 4 fixed antennas for stronger wireless coverage
- Manage your network with the ASUS router app – setup your network, manage usage and parental controls, even get instant notifications about important network based events
Tri Band Technology: Linksys Tri-Band WiFi Router for Home Review
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15+ wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Tri band technology delivers the fastest combined Wi-Fi speeds to all your devices
- Tri band Wi-Fi speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (5 GHz / 400 Mbps) + (5 GHz / 867 Mbps) + (2.4 GHz / 867 Mbps)
For Minimizing Dead Zones: NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System Review
- No more dead zones Whole home mesh WiFi coverage of up to 6000 square feet and 20 devices Mesh technology helps you stay connected as you roam around your home using a single network name Extend coverage up to 2000 square feet with additional satellites sold separately
- Triband backhaul a dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees up the other two bands for maximum speed to your devices
- Works with all internet providers replace your existing wifi router and extender separate modem or gateway required compatible with any internet provider including cable satellite fiber DSL and more
- Wired Ethernet port & fast wireless speed 1 Gigabit Ethernet port and AC2200 WiFi powers up to 22 Gbps of streaming HD video gaming or Internet surfing and downloads
- Parental controls Pause device internet access view site history usage and filter websites for free Set online time limits schedule device internet access and more for 499 month 1st month free trial
OFDMA Technology: TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router Review
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Wi-Fi 6(802. 11ax) technology achieves up to 3x faster speeds, 4x capacity and 75% lower latency compared to the previous generation of Wi-Fi 5 while the power of Intel's dual-core CPU ensures your experience is smooth and Buffer-Free
- Next-gen 3 Gaps speeds: 4-Stream Dual Band router reaches incredible speeds up to 3 Gaps (2402 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz band) for faster streaming and gaming like you have never experienced before.
- Connect more devices than ever before: simultaneously communicate more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA technology
- Minimize lag For all devices and applications: experience ultra-smooth entertainment whether you are streaming 4K videos, gaming online, or even video chatting with up to 75% reduced lag.
Easy To Set Up: Amazon eero WiFi router Review
- Fast standalone router - The eero mesh WiFi router brings up to 1,500 sq. ft. of fast, reliable WiFi to your home.
- Works with Alexa - With eero and an Alexa device (not included) you can easily manage WiFi access for devices and individuals in the home, taking focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
- Easily expand your system - With cross-compatible hardware, you can add eero products as your needs change.
- Works with your internet service provider - Eero connects to your modem to bring your existing internet connection to every corner of your home.
- Set up in minutes - The eero app walks you through setup in less than 10 minutes and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
Advanced Protection: ASUS AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router with MU-Mimo Review
- Dual band with the latest 802; 11 AC 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
- 1 GigaHertz dual core CPU enables smart multitasking by dedicating separate lanes for Wi Fi and USB data; Network standard: IEEE 802; 11a, IEEE 802; 11B, IEEE 802; 11G, IEEE 802; 11N, IEEE 802; 11AC, IPv4, IPv6
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface; Dual band connectivity for compatibility and performance
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS router app
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data; Please refer the installation manual and the user manual before use which is highly essential; Dc output: 19 Volt with maximum 1; 75 a current; Guest network: 2; 4 GigaHertz x 3, 5 GigaHertz x 3
Buyer’s Guide: All You Need To Know About The best wifi router
How to choose The best wifi router?
Without a shadow of a doubt, choosing a router is a vital choice. In fact, it is not just a smart device, but rather a crucial element of your network, which regulates the quality of your work, leisure time, and communications. Needless to say, that by sacrificing the quality of your network performance, you are setting yourself up for a lot of problems. Thus, let’s look closer at the most significant nuances you must not miss when choosing yourself a new router.
Large signal coverage
Surely, you will not like to be chained to your access point, no matter how convenient it may be. After all, this is why wireless technologies have been invented – to present you freedom of movement. On the other hand, you must understand that a standard router is not a telecommunications tower – it would be unfair to demand too much.
Thereby, it is highly recommended to choose a router, which provides large signal coverage. In fact, one of the best choices is a multifunctional model that works both as a router and a range extender.
It is commonplace to state that every electronic device must be trouble-free and easy to use. Albeit, routers require special attention because a broken router will make all other Internet-dependent devices merely useless. Check the reliability of the router by examining critical reviews written by other customers, ask support services about potential dysfunctions and pay special attention to its technical specifications.
Surely, this does not mean that you have to become an IT-professional before buying a new electronic tool. Nevertheless, confidence in the correctness of your choice is a rare and extremely valuable treasure.
Useful apps and special control features
Obviously, you wish to monitor and control all devices, which are connected to the Internet through your network. Modern routers with integrated device-control features will allow you to customize your network, re-configure some specific options, add or remove any devices you consider necessary.
Furthermore, being an Internet user, you surely wish to obtain a chance to protect your kids from objectionable content. In this case, a router with integrated parental control is exactly what you need. Choose a correct device and install customized protection in just a few clicks.
A few other features to think over
Of course, this list of useful tips is just an approximate guide. In practice, each concrete client seeks some special features, attempting to maximize the presence of the most important ones and forgetting about those that are of little interest.
Surely, this does not mean that you cannot find a model, which combines all these features. However, many customers prefer models with distinct characteristics, ignoring the balanced ones. Therefore, among other significant characteristics, it is recommendable to check the router’s compatibility with other routers and platforms, know more about its administration in order to gain confidence that it can be easily installed and so on.
On the other hand, most of the modern routers come with pretty much the same durability. Thus, it is nothing to worry about if you consider your choice wrong – there is always an opportunity to replace it with a better one.
Verdict and our recommendation for 2020
Obviously, this review analyzes only the tip of the iceberg of what is called a modern market. In fact, a great majority of the reviewed samples can be considered more than satisfactory for normal use. Surely, you may require some specific models with exotic functions, appearance, design or specially elaborated apps.
However, this is not a great problem either. The modern IT market releases several new devices every month, thus, you will definitely find the one that suits you most. As long as you know what exactly you need, you will be able to find it without worries. Overall, we at homemakerguide highlighted some special areas, which should be considered relevant when choosing a new router and being guided by your taste and these concise shopping tips, you will find a satisfying model. Now, it is time to make a choice and bestow yourself a device you’ve been waiting for.