Briefly About Chamberlain and Genie Brands
Genie is a reputable brand in the United States devoted to its clients. It was founded in 1923 under the name of Alliance manufacturing company. From the beginning, it produced a variety of consumer, industrial, and military products. Over the years, it expanded its line of work, and in recent years it became a trusted manufacturer of remote-controlled garage doors.
Chamberlain Group is a parent company to LiftMaster, Chamberlain, Merlin, and Grifco.
It designs and manufactures garage door openers, commercial door operators, and gate entry systems.
It is considered a global leader in access solutions and products.
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Overview
According to Chamberlain garage door reviews, this is a budget-friendly device that offers plenty of splendid features. It has a large motor that can lift two-car garage doors up to seven feet tall. If you have an extension kit, it can go up to 10 feet high. It also comes with a steel-reinforced belt, which is why it works quietly and smoothly, unlike devices that are chain driven. The motor and the belt have ten years long warranty, while the warranty for other parts is five years.
- Smart garage door opener comes with built-in myq technology to keep you connected and protected: Open, close, and know the status of your garage door from anywhere with a smartphone with the myq app
- Battery backup - Ensures safe replacement ins-and-outs even during power failures. Radio Frequencies: 310, 315, 390
- Ultra-quiet & strong belt drive - Steel-reinforced belt drive and constructed with high-grade materials for years of reliability and quiet, smooth performance—perfect for attached garages
- Powered by Chamberlain’s Max Lift Power System, the B970 delivers lifting force equivalent to 1 1/4 HP, the highest lifting capacity in the category for superior performance in extreme conditions
- Superior range - Includes 2 3-button remote controls that let you control up to 3 openers. Exclusive Triband technology boosts remote range up to 1,500 feet for a quicker entrance and exit
- Chamberlain garage door opener features battery backup, which is excellent because you can uninterruptedly open and close the garage doors even if there is a power outage. It also comes with motion-activated lights – an excellent feature because it enables you to see better at night. The lights shit down when you leave.
- It allows you to control everything via the app on your smartphone. It is a splendid option because it not only allows you to open/ close garage doors with a smartphone, but it also sends you notifications whenever the door is opened or closed.
- As we said, the belt is made of high-quality materials and reinforced with steel. It doesn’t make noise when, so you can be sure not to wake the family up.
Genie Garage Door Opener Overview
Looking at Genie garage door opener reviews, you will notice that this is probably one of the best-designed devices on the market. The colors are not just beautiful but are also resistant and will stay for a long time. Same as Chamberlain it lifts to seven feet tall without an extension. It is also very quiet. It is a belt drive garage opener.
- ULTRA-QUIET OPERATION: The SilentMax 1200 is an ideal garage door opener for garages attached to living spaces.
- POWERFUL AND SMOOTH OPERATION: The powerful 140V DC motor features a soft start and stop control for smooth door travel.
- FAST AND EASY INSTALLATION: With no additional hardware required for assembly, the c-channel rail makes for faster, easier installation.
- DURABLE AND RELIABLE: The steel-reinforced belt drive system adds strength, durability and value to the SilentMax 1200.
- SAFE AND SECURE: The Self Diagnostic Safe-T-Beam system helps prevent accidents and Intellicode Security technology helps prevent unauthorized access.
- It comes with the latest generation belt drive system that you can sometimes see in more expensive models.
- Genie garage door opener comes with diagnostic technology, which is something rarely found in this price range. It enables you to scan the system and diagnose a problem if it exists.
- It comes with a wireless card that allows you to open the door without a remote controller.
Chamberlain vs. Genie In-depth Comparison
|Smart control||Internet gateway||Aladdin connect|
|Battery backup||Included in the package||You have to buy it separately|
|Home Link and Car 2 You Compatibility||Yes with newer models||Works with all models|
|¾ HPS DC Belt Drive System||Yes||Yes|
3/4 HPS DC Belt Drive System
As we mentioned, looking at the comparison Chamberlain vs. Genie, it is clear that both of these units feature ¾ belt drive system. It is a significant feature because it affects the capacity of the device to lift heavy garage doors. Both of these openers can lift heavy doors up to 7 feet tall.
Ultra Quiet Performance
According to Chamberlain vs. Genie reviews, both of these openers are so quiet that even your family won’t notice when you are coming or leaving, let alone your neighbors. They both have a 140 V DC motor, which is lightweight and guarantees smooth and quiet operation.
Ease of Installation
You don’t have to call anyone to help you install either of them. While comparing chamberlain vs genie you see that they’re videos and manuals that explain to you how to set them up without effort.
Different Smart Control Technologies
When comparing Genie vs. Chamberlain, the first difference that comes to your attention is in different technologies. Chamberlain uses MyQ Smartphone control technology, which is compatible with Android and iOS. Genie uses Aladdin connect, which you have to buy separately.
Both of these best garage door opener models have a battery backup option. The difference is that Chamberlain comes with a built-in battery backup, whereas you have to buy it for Genie.
HomeLink And Car2 You Compatibility
Genie is compatible with both of these systems without any extra accessories. Chamberlain is also compatible but with limited access to cars that have HomeLink 3.0 or lower. If security is an important aspect, you should consider Genie.
Available Accessories Overview
Chamberlain Accessory Line
Chamberlain has more accessories than Genie. It also offers up to eight MyQ agreeable accessories, so it is easier to find the set up you prefer. Besides other things, it comes with a wireless keyless keypad, batteries, pre-programmed garage door opener remote, safety sensors, etc.
Genie Accessory Line
Genie features multi-function wall control, two remote transmitters, a keyless entry keypad, etc. Besides, if you buy a belt extension kit, you will be able to open heavier doors, if necessary. It doesn’t come with a battery backup, but you can also buy it separately.
When comparing Chamberlain vs. Genie, you see they are pretty similar, which makes it challenging to determine a better one. Some people might prefer Chamberlain because of its smartphone control option. Others can feel Genie is a better option because of its compatibility with HomeLink and Car2You. However, both are excellent units, and your decision will likely depend mainly on your preferences. In the end, we would like to invite you to read about garage door opener sizes. Would you like to install a smart garage door opener?
- 1 Briefly About Chamberlain and Genie Brands
- 2 Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Overview
- 3 Genie Garage Door Opener Overview
- 4 Chamberlain vs. Genie In-depth Comparison
- 5 Available Accessories Overview
- 6 Conclusion