DeWalt Brand: a Brief Overview
If we talk about innovation, then DeWalt has set the benchmark since the very start. Ever since its first radial arm saw in 1922 to its first 12″ miter saw built 70 years later, DeWalt has always led the charge. According to DeWalt miter saw comparison, this brand is best known for creating miter saws with revolutionary features, high cut capacity, and best-in-class accuracy. Added features like integral lighting and dual power have made DeWalt the go-to brand for professionals worldwide.
DeWalt DWS779 Overview
The DeWalt DWS779 is a top-quality miter saw with a super-efficient dust-collection system. It is quite massive in size and generally bigger-than-average miter saws. Moreover, according to most DeWalt DWS779 review, it comes with a reasonable warranty period that makes it even more reliable and dependable. Since it works on large amounts of electricity, care must be taken to avoid electrocution or accidents.
- Your purchase includes: 1 CDEWALT DWS779 sliding compound cord miter saw, 12-inch, carbide blade, 1 blade wrench
- Tool dimensions: 17” H x 24.75” L. Tool weight: 56 pounds; Maximum cutting thickness: 6.75 inch
- Other specifications: 15 Amps, 12” blade diameter, 5/8” or 1” Arbor size. 3800 RPM motor. Type of milter saw: Slide
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2x14 dimensional lumber at 90 degree and 2x12 at 45 degree. Miter saw does not come with LED (sold separately) or laser cutting guide
- Super-efficient dust collection system captures over 75 percent of dust generated
- Comprises of a 12-inch double bevel sliding miter saw.
- The back fence design can easily cut up to 2×14 dimensional lumber at 90°.
- Additional laser cutting guides or LED lights can be equipped.
- Powerful and Well-built.
- It has a 16″ straight cut capacity.
- Pocket Friendly.
- Heavy in weight.
- Odd size of the dust collector.
DeWalt DWS780 Overview
The DeWalt DWS780 miter saw is quite similar to DeWalt DWS779 but a bit more expensive because of its few additional features. It has a long-lasting built and is extremely durable. Thus, it needs a one-time investment that will serve you for a good few years. Like most other DeWalt miter saws, it has a super-efficient gearbox. The belt drive design gives it an increased vertical cutting capacity.
- New precise miter system
- Handle design for added portability
- Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system provides adjustment-free cut line indication
- Powerful 15 amp, 3800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2X14 dimensional lumber at 90-degrees, 2 by 12 at 45 degrees
- Handle designed for greater portability.
- Improved precision system.
- According to most DeWalt DWS780 review, it has a detent plate of stainless-steel with ten different stopping tips.
- This DeWalt miter saw has greater durability and portability.
- It is equipped with an effective dust collection system.
- Increased vertical cutting capacity.
- It is quite expensive.
DWS779 vs DWS780: Head to Head Comparison
Given below is a table containing comparison DWS779 vs DWS780:
|Weight||67 Pounds||56 Pounds|
|Dimensions||2 x 23 x 18.5 inches||21.46 x 17.72 x 17.13 inches|
|Horizontal Capacity||–||13.75 inches|
|Vertical Capacity||6.75 inches||6.75 inches|
|Motor||3,800 rpm||3,800 rpm|
|Blade Diameter||12 inches||12 inches|
|Miter detent plate||Stainless steel with 10 positive stops||Stainless steel with cam lock|
|Back Fence design cuts||2×16 dimensional lumber at 90-degrees||2 by 16-dimensional lumber at 90-degrees|
|Crown molding||up to 7-1/2 inches nested||up to 7-1/2 inches nested|
|Lock Type||Cam-lock||Lever (Cam)|
|Warranty||3 Years||3 Years|
Differences Between DWS779 and DWS780
Given below are some common differences between DWS779 vs DWS780:
Cutting system guide
The DWS780 uses a recent technology known as the XPS system, which uses bright LED light. This light shines along the blade length and moves as the blade goes into motion. Thus, you can get a perfect clear-cut line that you can easily follow. The DWS779 does not have this feature.
There is a massive price difference between DWS779 and DWS780s. The DWS780 is comparatively more costly because of several added features. The DWS779 is more pocket-friendly and costs about 200 USD less.
No power tool is entirely safe, and the same goes for these two models as well. However, the DWS780 is safer than the DWS779 model because of the transparent blade guard that controls the cutting. If you are new in the field, you must go through the safety rules and learn how to use a miter saw accurately.
The DWS779 is heavier than DWS780. The DWS779 weighs about 67 pounds, whereas the DWS780 weighs 56 pounds only. This also makes it easier to carry.
Miter detent plate
The DWS780 saw has a stainless steel miter detent plate along with a cam lock. But the DWS779 has a lever cam made with stainless steel and 10 positive stops. It also has a double horizontal rail and an innovative clamping device that improves its efficiency.
Similarities Between DWS779 and DWS780
Given below are some similarities between DWS780 vs DWS779:
Both the miter saws can be used in busy work areas. You can securely fasten it to the work table and do your work. This also makes it safer to use.
Both 10 vs 12 miter saw have a dual bevel that can be adjusted with ease. Thus they are both capable of making compound cuts in any direction. You can read the DWS779 vs DWS780 reviews before using them to better understand their uses.
Dust Removal Mechanism
Both these saws have a similar dust removal mechanism, which gives them the best dust collection capacity. Thus it can easily collect all the dust and residues.
Both the saws are user-friendly and come with a 3-year limited warranty. So if your tool becomes faulty, you can demand a refund or replacement within the 3 year warranty period.
Both these miter saws are very versatile and can be easily used by professional workers and amateurs. Even people without much experience with woodwork can safely use them if they know all the safety precautions.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2021
Both the power tools- DeWalt 779 vs 780 – are quite efficient and have plenty of innovative features that can facilitate your work. However, DWS780 is better for amateurs and beginners because of its cutting system guide and enhanced safety features. But if you are a professional and don’t want to spend too much money on one power tool, then DWS779 will be ideal for you.
- 1 DeWalt Brand: a Brief Overview
- 2 DeWalt DWS779 Overview
- 3 DeWalt DWS780 Overview
- 4 DWS779 vs DWS780: Head to Head Comparison
- 5 Differences Between DWS779 and DWS780
- 6 Similarities Between DWS779 and DWS780
- 7 Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2021