Let’s face it, scrubbing and cleaning shower tiles are not just hectic but also affect the health of your family. Harsh cleaning products such as ammonia, disinfectants, bleach, and sulfuric acids deteriorate the air quality of your home.
Although these harsh products can make your bathroom look squeaky clean, they are still a nuisance. In this article, we are going to tell you all about how to clean shower tiles without scrubbing and with the use of natural and less harmful products.
Why Do Shower Tiles Become Dirty?
There may be several underlying reasons why your shower tiles are always dirty. The material of your shower tiles plays an important role in determining how difficult or easy it would be to clean them. The two major causes are as follows:
- There may be some grout left on the surface of your tile when they are laid and grouted. Make sure your tiler takes care of that. This grout can very easily catch dust and cleaning won’t solve the problem even if you know how to clean shower tile.
- A film of cleaning detergent that is not washed thoroughly will trap dirt. If you keep on adding layers of detergent without properly washing off the soap scum, it will form layers and only elevate the problem unless you know how to remove soap scum from the shower tile.
Substances for Cleaning
Having the right knowledge of what to use to clean shower tiles could solve your problem by half. Putting the same effort with the wrong products will not only deprive you of quality time but will also mar the purpose.
Dishwashing Soap and White Vinegar
You can make your cleaning solution by combining 12 ounces of white vinegar and dishwashing soap. After mixing them, heat the solution in your microwave. Transfer it to a spray bottle and it is ready to be used on regular spots of your tiles. However, it won’t work on sticky grout dirt.
Hot Water and Clorox
Combining hot water and Clorox makes a great grout cleaner. All you must do is mix the ingredients in a bucket and ensure the bleach percentage is 25%. Use a grout brush to remove the mildew. However, if the dirt is more stubborn, make a bleaching paste with toilet paper and squish it on the spot. Rinse it off after 12 hours. Your shower tile will sparkle as new.
Not all commercial cleaners are made of harsh materials. Some are composed of natural ingredients with mild chemicals. They work great for your shower tiles provided you have laid your hands on the right ones.
Soft Cloth and Baking Soda
Grout lines can be tricky to deal with but with patience, soft cloth, and baking soda, you can have a clean porcelain tile. Sprinkle some baking soda on the grout line and the sides of your tub and let it sit for sometime before scrubbing with the cloth. You may have to re-apply to get the best results.
A paste of Baking Soda and Bleach
Shower cleaning can’t get easier. Just make a paste of bleach and baking soda and apply to the tiles with a toothbrush. Let it dry for some time and rinse it off with water.
Tools for Cleaning
Using steam can help you get rid of the dirt on your tiles. You can achieve high temperatures to ensure effective cleaning. One must however always remember that this may not suitable for all kinds of tiles.
A mop will help you achieve an overall cleaner appearance effortlessly. Whether you are aiming for spot cleaning or grout cleaning, a mop is an absolutely essential tool for the purpose.
- Soft Brush
The answer to how to clean bathroom tile without scrubbing lies in this tool- a soft brush. The softer bristles work on your tile way more gently and they also pick dirt more efficiently for they are easily bendable and effortless to work with.
Tips to Clean Your Bathroom Tiles Clean
- Do not wait for the dirt to become apparent. Clean the tiles of your bathroom a little every two days.
- Pre-heat the tiles by splashing hot water on them before you begin your cleaning regime. It makes a huge difference.
- Spread your shower cleaner evenly.
- Work your way up from the bottom.
- Vacuuming the bathroom tile is a great grout cleaning tip. The powerful suction can rid your tiles of the debris.
Thus, if you have the patience and routine to maintain your shower, it will remain squeaky clean without the adverse effects of harsh chemicals. They can ruin the look of your tile very quickly. We hope you have got satisfactory answers on how to clean shower tiles without scrubbing.
All the methods mentioned above are safe and sure. You may combine them to get the best results.