Comparing Husqvarna and John Deere
These two brands are popular for their best, top-rated riding lawn mower globally. Let’s look into them individually.
- 24 hp Briggs and Stratton Intek V-Twin engine features ReadyStart for easy starting and powerful performance
- Foot pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission allows you to change speed and direction, which lets you keep both hands on the steering wheel for optimum driving control
- Cruise control allows the tractor to maintain consistent speed in rough terrain
- Electric cutting deck engagement allows the operator to turn on the mower deck with the pull of a switch on the control panel Tight 16 in. turning radius allows you to mow in tighter spaces and navigate around obstacles
- 48 in. triple blade, reinforced cutting deck with air induction mowing technology and 4 anti-scalp wheels
If you find the name intriguing then you should know it was founded in Sweden. It started in 1689 as a rifle manufacturer, but now they are one of the best on the market. They have premium machines and the best is the YTH214K54 model. You can read Husqvarna riding mower reviews to know about their best qualities.
If you’re asking who makes John Deere lawn mower engines? Then the obvious answer is John Deere. The John Deere riding mowers began in 1837 in Illinois. This is an excellent brand with all types of land equipment.
Comparing Their Features
Both of these brands are equally reputed. In 1918, the former brand graduated to motor-run machines like mowers. From Husqvarna vs John Deere comparison, it is noted that they make powerful mowers without requiring much maintenance. Let’s look into Husqvarna YTA24V48 review and characteristics.
- Vinyl seats; comfortable
- Cutting deck of 48 inches
- Quick CVT transmission
- Requires low maintenance
- Turning radius of 16 inches
- Consistent cuts due to air-induction technology
- Four wheels with anti-scalp
John Deere land mowers are powerful, versatile and reliable machines. From John Deere vs Husqvarna comparison, it is known that their land mowers can handle bagging, mowing and mulching. Let’s look into John Deere E120 review and characteristics
- 20HP engine
- Cutting deck of 42 inches
- Hydrostatic Transmission
- 18 inches turning radius
- The highest forward speed of 5.5 miles per hour
- Deep deck design
|Engine Brand||Briggs and Straton||John Deere branded|
|Cutting Options||Collect, side, discharge; mulch kit (kit sold separately)||Side discharge; collect and mulch, (optional attachments)|
|Cutting Height||1.5-4 inches||1 to 4 inches|
|Cutting Width||46 inches||42 inches|
|Forward Speed||6.5 mph||7 mph|
|Seat Type||15’’ high back||18’’ high back with armrest|
|Engine Cooling Method||Air||Air|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||3.5 gal (US)||2.1 gal (US)|
|Warranty||3 years||2 years or 120 hours bumper to bumper warranty|
Engine and Power
From Husqvarna vs John Deere reviews, it is known that John Deere land mower is more powerful. Their self-branded engine with 22 HP supplies power to the 42 inches cutting deck, which will do the chore faster. The Husqvarna land mower has Briggs and Straton engines of 20 HP and V-twin. It has air filtration and lubrication.
Both of the brands have the best lawn mower blades. The blades in Husqvarna are electrically handled with a clutch helping it to change the height and width. The air induction will make the cut grass to be sucked from the land without fail. John Deere has a flat top deck, which will make the trimmed grass cut evenly. The deep deck will let the cut grass to be discharged cleanly.
Ease and Comfort
These land mowers are comfortable and easy to handle. They have operating panels with buttons for controlling. They have a panel for the lap bar which will let you control the mower speed and overall experience.
Both of these brands make safe machines. In John Deere vs Husqvarna riding mower comparison, it is informed that Husqvarna mowers have non-slip surfaces and an engine for rear-guard for safety. The John Deere land mower has a wide foot area with rubber mats for the grip. The controls here are colored, which makes them easily visible and safe to use.
Both the brands have 2 or more years of warranty. But the warranty period sometimes varies from models to models.
- The comparison Husqvarna vs John Deere will tell you that John Deere mower has a tougher engine which can reach up to 7 mph of speed whereas Husqvarna can reach up to 6.5 mph speed.
- The Husqvarna lawn mowers have a fuel indicator, which makes fuel checks simple. It can hold 3 gallons of gasoline, and John Deere mowers can hold just 2.4 gallons.
- Both of these machines have headlights for the nighttime or if you’re doing it in low-light situations.
If you’re still wanting to explore more options available then we are here to guide you. There are other brands of lawn mower for 5 acres like Craftsman, Troy-bilt, and Ariens. They offer equally good and sturdy machines which are worth purchasing. Ariens makes residential mowers but with Kawasaki engines, which makes them sturdy. Troy-bilt machines offer residential ones with efficient and even cuts. Craftsman is a good company that provides reel, push, and electric riding mowers.
Both the companies: John Deere and Husqvarna, discussed here are equally reliable and durable. They are similar in many ways, which makes them worth every penny. We would suggest you purchase cheap yet the best product. Go through the rating and reviews and compare them. If you have a size shortage, then buy a small one. So which one will you purchase? We would love to hear from you!