Ridgid Vs Milwaukee: a Brief History Overview
Before going into Ridgid vs Milwaukee reviews in detail, let us take you back to these brands’ history.
History of Ridgid
Ridgid started with its first production of pipe wrench long back in 1923. Soon with the passing wave of time, the company has grown professionally. They specialize in design tools that work faster and easier. Among the various tools, the primary attraction is Ridgid’s saw collection. From reciprocating saws to a circular saw, there are varieties of saws available.
History of Milwaukee
Milwaukee is a professional company that makes tools for the carpenter, woodworker, and others. The company has a history of 85 years, dating back to 1924. Since the advent of Milwaukee, they have introduced more than 500 tools with 3500+ accessories. Presently, Milwaukee is generating battery tools.
In-depth Comparison: Ridgid vs Milwaukee
The comparison of the Ridgid vs Milwaukee brand is not easy. They provide a wide range of services, but they have different categories of audience.
Ridgid offers services to electrical and plumbing industries with few general-purpose tools.
While Milwaukee is a common name regarding the construction industry, it is also high in rating regarding tools used by novice and home-based users.
Range of Tools
To clear your concept between Milwaukee vs Ridgid regarding the tool diversity, here is a comparison of Ridgid gen5x vs Milwaukee fuel:
- The series of Ridgid 18 V tools includes the Gen5X. It comes with magnetically operated motors along with lifelong service appeasement. You will also get free parts of it.
- On the other hand, the Milwaukee fuel 18V line comes with brushless motors, batteries with RedLithium, and its in-built intelligence.
- An 18 V platform is common for all the tools. It also includes Table saws, circular saws, chainsaws, and many others.
So now let’s forward to detail Milwaukee and Ridgid tools review:
- All metal gears for extended jobsite durability
- 2-speed settings for matching power to the task
- Hex-grip micro texture for added user comfort
- RIDGID: powerful, durable, professional
Ridgid Gen5X Brushless Drill/Driver
The Ridgid Gen5X Brushless drill/driver is a popular tool from the Ridgid Gen5X series. Do not underestimate the device just based on its compact size. It comes with much power and can drill at a rate of 300 inches per pound. The torque can reach up to 1500 RPM.
- There are 18 position chucks accompanied by speed gearbox 2 in number. This helps you in drilling delicate areas.
To keep your grip firm, the device comes with a rubberized mold at the grip area.
The device comes with a 2-speed gearbox that is perfect DIY works. The LED light enhances the overall appearance.
- Milwaukee M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2 Inch Compact Drill/Driver (Tool-Only) 2801-20
Milwaukee M18 Drill/Driver
This is one of the best cordless drills because of its breakneck speed that is almost 35% more than the competitors.
It is highly efficient because of its durability, compact design, and lightweight nature.
It comes with a li-ion battery charger, and a complete metal sleeve provides a superior grip.
- The device provides a delivery torque of 275 pounds and a comfortable design for easy grip.
- LED LIGHTING: Keep your work visible with the LED panel located under the keyless chuck. This will shine on your subject to help avoid distracting shadows
- DETACHABLE SUPPORT HANDLE: Use this to maintain complete control for the greatest hole boring accuracy
- TEXTURED GRIP: A rubber molding over the pistol grip gives you improved handling in slippery conditions
- SIDE-MOUNTED BELT CLIP: Keep this on either side of your tool for easy access, no matter your handedness
- COMPATIBLE BATTERY MODELS INCLUDE: AC840089 (5 Amp Hour), AC840087 (4 Amp Hour), AC840086 (2 Amp Hour)
Ridgid Gen5X Hammer Drill
The Ridgid hammer drill is a compelling device that punches with a torque of 700 lbs.
The device also comes with a die gearbox, and a multi-key function does customization of torque.
Due to the excessive torque power, the device comes with carbide jaws to hold the bits in place.
- A highly efficient device for small startups, and the sleek design makes it durable in nature.
- Power state Brushless motor: purposely built for the M18 Fuel 1/2" Drill driver to provide up to 60% more power than the competitive set
- Redlink Plus Intelligence: ensures optimal performance and provides overload protection to prevent damage to the tool and battery during heavy applications while still maintaining compatibility across the entire M18 system.
- Red Lithium XC5.0 battery pack: delivers more work per charge and more work over the life of the pack than competitors
- Up to 60% more power: 1, 200 in-lbs of torque
Milwaukee M18 FUEL Best Hammer Drill
It is among the highly durable, versatile drills. It is 60% more powerful than its competitors. It can drop for complete 1.5 inches in length without losing power.
The total weight of the device is around 4 pounds, and it comes with a 5.0Ah battery. The commendable speed device makes by far the best hammer drill with a delivery rate of 86%.
- It is a highly durable device along with 5 years warranty on the intricate parts.
- DEPTH AND 56 DEGREE BEVEL ADJUSTMENT: Cut at choice angles and reduce kickback by positioning the blade exactly how you need to. Onboard knobs and levers make this adjustment process streamlined, and labels on the tool let you know exactly what angle and depth you’re cutting
- LINE OF SIGHT BLOWER: A blower on the side of the tool keeps dust and debris away from the saw. This gives you improved visibility for when you’re trying to cut perfectly straight lines without interference
- MICRO TEXTURE GRIP: The rubberized grip on the handle allows you improved handling, even in slippery conditions
- LED LIGHTING: Working in sub-optimal lighting conditions is simple with the help of the LED light located near the front of the unit, letting you work day or night with ease
- COMPATIBLE BATTERY MODELS INCLUDE: AC840089 (5 Amp Hour), AC840087 (4 Amp Hour), AC840086 (2 Amp Hour)
Ridgid Gen5X Brushless Cordless Circular Saw
You can cut your desired surface at various angles with the 56-degree bevel adjustment.
There is a blower attached to the machine to blow away the debris and wood dust.
To maintain a good grip, the device comes with a rubberized grip to the handle.
- You can carve creative designs using it. It comes with varied power-based batteries.
- ELECTRONIC BRAKES will stop your blade quickly when you’re finished with your cut. You won’t need to waste time waiting around for the blade to slow down, so you can get back to work quickly
- SOFT GRIP HANDLE provides maximum comfort so you can work with precision in slippery environments
- BEVEL AND DEPTH ADJUSTMENT: You can adjust the depth up to 1 1/2" and the bevel up to 45 degrees, giving you a huge degree of versatility in your cuts
- MAGNESIUM GUARDS on the top and bottom of the blade well keep the unit protected from impacts like bumps and drops of several feet. This will allow you to work confident in the safety of your tool and yourself
- M18 COMPATIBLE: This cordless circular saw is compatible with Milwaukee M18 18 Volt Lithium Ion batteries. Compatible models include the 48-11-1860, 48-11-1850, 48-11-1828, 48-11-1815, 48-11-1840, and 48-11-1820
Milwaukee M18 Cordless Circular Saw
The device comes with electric brakes. It stops the device when you are done with the cutting. To prevent the slip on the grip, a soft rubber is provided on the handle, and the device can also be leveled up to 45 degrees.
- The adjustable, beveled head makes it more versatile in operation.
- LONG RUNTIME: With a runtime at up to 40 straight hours with 4AH batteries, this flashlight will work for longer than you’ll want to stay awake
- BELT CLIP: Keep this at your side for when you need it most with the handy screw-on belt clip
- HEAD ROTATION UP TO 180 DEGREES: No need to lean this up against stacks of plywood to get the angle of light you need on the walls. Simply rotate the head and you can keep the base of the tool stable on the ground
- COMFORT GRIP HANDLE: Notched rubber runs down the pistol grip style handle that affords the user increased comfort and stability, even in slippery conditions
- 18V BATTERY COMPATIBLE: Use with the AC840083, AC840084, and AC46182 18 Volt Batteries (Not Included)
Ridgid Gen5x Lithium-Ion Cordless Flashlight
The Ridgid cordless tools also include this modernized flashlight that runs using a 4AH battery and can run for around 40 hours.
You can redirect the tool in any direction using the bent clip feature of it.
It comes with a comfortable rubber-based grip and 18V compatible batteries.
- The device also comes with a manual guide for you.
- ADJUSTABLE: The head can swivel front and back up to 130 degrees. Lay it flat on the ground and you’ll be able to point it nearly anywhere
- LONG-LASTING: This can last up to 12 hours on a single charge from a 4.0 Amp Hour battery
- REINFORCED MATERIALS: The aluminum head is sealed, protecting the LED lighting from water. It is also impact resistant, so there is extra protection in case it is dropped
- HANDS-FREE USE: With a flat base and hook placed on top of the unit, you can have this illuminate your workplace while you have both hands clear to do your job right
- COMPATIBLE BATTERIES: 48-11-1815, 48-11-1820, 48-11-1828, 48-11-1840
Milwaukee M18 Lithium-Ion LED Worklight
If you are looking for a device that is easy to adjust, with long-lasting battery life, and can rest in your hands, then M18 Led work light by Milwaukee is just made for you.
- The battery can run as long as 12 hours in one charge.
Ridgid vs Milwaukee Tools: Overall
- In the case of Ridgid vs Milwaukee, weight is the primary factor. Ridgid tools are heavier than Milwaukee tools.
- A Milwaukee screw gun is more effective than a Ridgid gun. Hence, it is an impact driver.
- Concerning battery life, the Milwaukee devices can charge to 100% within an hour. They are the fastest chargeable tools in the market.
We hope you have gained complete knowledge about both the brands and their distinctive points of matter. Concerning all the significant issues, clear evidence signifies that Milwaukee tools are way better than Ridgid tools. However, which brand are you planning to buy?
- 1 Ridgid Vs Milwaukee: a Brief History Overview
- 2 In-depth Comparison: Ridgid vs Milwaukee
- 2.1 Brand Focus
- 2.2 Range of Tools
- 2.2.1 Drills/ Drivers
- 2.2.2 Hammer Drills
- 2.2.3 Saws
- 2.2.4 Flashlights
- 2.3 Ridgid vs Milwaukee Tools: Overall
- 3 Final Word