Having the right drill is important for every household. It just comes in handy in several situations. You need to fix something, you need to put up a new picture, you wanna make a minor alteration to your room- all that essentially needs a drill.
Drills from a good power tool brand are thus a necessity for every household and, of course, for professional purposes.
Whether you want one for your house and office or are you looking forward to expanding your work tool kit, this Ryobi vs Dewalt is a boon. In this article, we are going to draw a comparison among the two best drills in the market. Rest assured that both these are great for your tool box but we want you to have the best and hence this Ryobi vs Dewalt comparison.
Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Ryobi vs Dewalt: Brands Comparison
Ryobi is a Japanese company founded in the year 1943, and since then, it is a leading manufacturer of components for electronics, automobiles, and telecommunications. In 1968, the company was listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange, and since then, they have found their way amongst the best power tool brands. They have 12 manufacturing centers in 16 countries scattered all over the world.
Innovations and Technologies Used
The brand offers 27 types of drills which may not be the best number in the girls but according to Ryobi tools review, they are more than enough for household and most professional work. These drills have 600 RPM and a high torque control that is rare in such drills. The performance is thus more than decent and can be used for diverse purposes.
- Includes a 12-volt battery;
- 7.1 inches long;
- Gives you three years warranty;
- Perfect for personal use.
Overall Pros and Cons
- Pocket friendly;
- 3 years warranty;
- Comes with 4ah batteries;
- Comes with 3 or more speed modes.
- A little heavy;
- Has a back-up battery.
Dewalt is an American power and hand tools company that originally started in 1923 but was reorganized in the year 1947. It is now among the most reputed companies for power tools having seven manufacturing centers in the US alone.
Innovations and Technology
Dewalt has a wide range of power tools. They host almost 77 different kinds of products. Most drills come with 2-speed settings that work great for both personal and professional use.
- Comes with two batteries;
- Light in weight;
- Premium built.
Overall Pros and Cons
- Great for professional use;
- 90 days money return policy and 3 years warranty;
- Comes with a pair of 12-volt batteries.
- A bit on the pricier side;
- The battery fails to endure extensive use.
Cordless Drill Impact Driver Comparison: Ryobi vs Dewalt
Ryobi P238 18V One+ Brushless 1/4 2,000 Inch Pound, 3,100 RPM Cordless Impact Driver w/ Gripzone Overmold, Belt Clip, and Tri-Beam LED (Power Tool Only, Battery Not Included)
- 3 SPEED SETTINGS: For those instances where you want to work with lower power, you can adjust the speed accordingly with the convenient top-mounted speed switch
- GRIPZONE OVERMOLD: The pistol grip on the P238 has a rubber molding that increases friction between the tool and your hand, giving you maximum control, even in slippery environments
- TRI-BEAM LED: The lighting unit below the keyless chuck prevents shadows from being cast on your work subject, letting you focus your attention to the task at hand without distraction
- BELT CLIP: Keep this stored on your person throughout the day with this handy belt clip. With it, you can readily access the impact driver and have your hands available to attend to other tasks
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This tool is compatible with Ryobi’s 18V battery lineup. Compatible models include the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
Before you pick Ryobi or Dewalt, we wish to take you through individual tools comparison of Ryobi P238 with Dewalt’s model of a similar kind.
- This cordless drill comes with 2-speed settings, making it great for every purpose. Whether you want low impact drilling, a medium, or a high one, all you need to do is adjust the speed settings.
- The pistol grip has a rubber moldakes it much easier to handle. Even a novice can handle the device like a pro. Having maximum control over power tools is necessary to avoid accidents.
- The LED- lighting unit lets you do your work without the obstruction of shadows.
- It is one plus compatible, which means it can be paired up with the 18v battery lineup.
- You need to carry around your toolbox if you just need this drill. It comes with a belt clip that just makes it carrying around and multi-tasking easy.
Pros and Cons
- It is ergonomic
- Value for money
- The dimensions and thickness could have been more user-friendly.
DEWALT 20V MAX XR Impact Driver, Brushless, 3-Speed, 1/4-Inch, Tool Only (DCF887B)
- DEWALT built brushless motor and XR Li-Ion batteries of DEWALT impact driver deliver more run time and capacity over standard units
- The cordless impact driver has 3-speed settings for optimized application versatility
- Precision drive in speed 1 for precision applications and added control
- 3 LEDs with 20-second delay after trigger release, provide visibility without shadows
- One-handed loading 1/4-inch hex chuck with easy grip sleeve, accepts 1-inch bit tips
We shall now talk about DEWALT DCF887B in detail to proceed with our comparison Ryobi vs Dewalt
- This is among the best Dewalt products. It has a lightweight design and is compact. It works great in smaller places as well.
- The speed trigger of this device comes in a variety of powers. According to the Dewalt tools review, this makes it so much more versatile.
- This one has three-speed settings. The Dewalt product clearly conquers this point in this Dewalt vs Ryobi comparison.
- It comes with not one but three LED lights.
Pros and Cons
- It is lightweight and compact
- Has 3 LED lights
- Comes with a variety of speed triggers
- 3-speed settings
- It has an extremely superior built
- No charger or battery included
- Steeper price
Which Tool is Better?
Both the brands are popular and trustworthy, but we cannot deny that Dewalt is indeed the best drill brand. It comes with a service contract along with a warranty. It is lightweight and easy to work with and has better control over speed althoughRyobi having better torque control. If you are looking for a device that will work great as a professional’s tools, Dewalt is your pick, but you may do well with Ryobi if you are a novice.
Ryobi vs Dewalt: Overall
||7.8 x 6.3 x 3.3 inches
||8 x 3 x 5.88 inches
We hope this extensive power tool comparison will help you make the right choice between the two brands. Both these brands are amazing, and you can go for either or pick both. It is absolutely your choice. In all Ryobi vs Dewalt reviews, you will find customers extremely happy with both.
If you are a little tight on the budget, you may pick Ryobi and if you wanna lavishly spend on the best drill out there, go for Dewalt. Likewise, you may also purchase your next hammer drill from these brands.