Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
Editor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Top 10 Best Shark And Roomba Robot Vacuums
Best Overall: Top iRobot Model - iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum Review
iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction.* *(Compared to the Roomba 600 series cleaning system)
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the i7 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows.
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant* or via the iRobot Home app enables the i7 to clean messes for you, right when they happen.
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans and when. With Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas.
- A CLEAN UNIQUE TO YOU - The Roomba i7 robot vacuum is smarter than ever, learning where and when you normally clean and suggesting personalized schedules so you can focus on everything else.
Great For Big Houses: Top Shark Model - Shark ION Robot Vacuum R87 Review
Shark ION Robot Vacuum R87
- THREE BRUSH TYPES. ONE POWERFUL CLEAN: Tri-Brush System combines side brushes, channel brushes, and a multi-surface brushroll to handle debris on all surfaces.
- HEIGHTENED SUCTION POWER: More deep-cleaning suction power than the original Shark ION Robot R750.
- COMPLETELY INTEGRATED IN YOUR HOME: Shark ION Robot senses ledges and stairs, avoids damaging furniture and walls, and maneuvers around potential stuck situations, truly knowing your home.
- CLEAN FROM YOUR PHONE: SharkClean app lets you start and stop cleaning and schedule your robot to clean whenever you want.
- EASY VOICE CONTROL: Use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to easily make the robot clean at your command in your connected home.
Great For Pet Hair: iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum Review
iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the CLEAN BASE Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i7+ to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE & POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt & messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System & 10X the Power-Lifting Suction.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the i7+ learns the layout of your home & builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean & navigate in neat, efficient rows. If it’s running low on battery, it recharges & resumes cleaning.
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant or via the app enables the i7+ to clean messes for you, right when they happen.
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans & when. With Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas.
Good For Wood Floors: iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum Review
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
- CLEAN SMARTER - The 600 series is a great way to begin cleaning your home smarter. Just schedule it to clean up daily dirt, dust, and debris with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant. - for effortlessly clean floors.
- LOOSENS, LIFTS, & SUCTIONS - The 3 Stage Cleaning system & Dual Multi-Surface brushes grab dirt from carpets & hard floors, an Edge-Sweeping brush takes care of corners & edges.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant & Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION - A full suite of advanced sensors allow Roomba to navigate under & around furniture, & along edges. Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- SENSES & ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, & cleans them more thoroughly.
Great Service: iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum Review
iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum
- 3-Stage cleaning system loosens, lifts, and suctions dirt, dust, and hair from hard floors and carpet.
- Dual Multi Surface Brushes work together to grab dust, dirt, and large debris; The Auto Adjust cleaning head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean both carpets and hard floors
- Patented Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of sensors intelligently navigate the robot under and around objects and under furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Edge Sweeping Brush is specially designed at a 27 degree angle to sweep debris away from edges and corners
XL Dust Bin: Shark IQ RV1001 Robot Vacuum Review
Shark IQ RV1001 Robot Vacuum
- Unbeatable suction vs. any Shark robot vacuum for pickup of large and small debris, as well as pet hair on carpets and hard-floors.
- Self-cleaning brushroll removes pet hair and long hair from the brushroll as it cleans--no more hair wrap.
- Schedule whole-home cleanings or target specific rooms or areas to clean right now with the Shark Clean app or voice control with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
- Total Home Mapping with Room Select maps your home and lets you choose which rooms to clean right now.
- Methodically cleans row by row and then navigates room to room for complete home coverage.
Great Autonomy: Shark IQ Robot Vacuum with Self-Empty Base Review
Shark IQ Robot Vacuum with Self-Empty Base
- FORGET ABOUT VACUUMING FOR UP TO A MONTH: A bagless, self-emptying base holds up to 30 days of dirt and debris.
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Deep-cleaning power to take on large debris, small debris, and pet hair on carpets & floors.
- NO HAIR WRAP: Self-cleaning brushroll removes pet hair and long hair as it cleans - no more hair wrap.
- PHONE OR VOICE COMMAND: Schedule whole-home cleanings or target specific rooms or areas to clean right now with the SharkClean app or voice control with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
- TOTAL HOME MAPPING + ROOM SELECT: Maps your home and lets you choose which rooms to clean right now.
Advanced Cleaning System: iRobot Roomba 880 Robot Vacuum Review
iRobot Roomba 880 Robot Vacuum
- iAdapt Multi Room Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- Room to room cleaning in up to 3 rooms with the included Virtual Wall Lighthouse beacons
- AeroForce 3 Stage Cleaning System delivers up to 50 percent more cleaning performance
- Tangle free extractors help prevent hair and debris clogs
- AeroForce High Efficiency Filter traps fine dirt and dust
Effective Brushes: iRobot Roomba 980 Vacuuming Robot Review
iRobot Roomba 980 Vacuuming Robot
- Power Lifting Suction delivers 10X the air power for improved pick up performance; Automatically increases cleaning performance on carpets with Power Boost (Compared to Roomba 600 Series and AeroVac System)
- Patented iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with VSlam technology allows the robot to map its surroundings to clean an entire level of your home, around objects, and under furniture
- Ideal for homes with pets; Premium 3 stage Cleaning System cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don't
- Dual Multi Surface Rubber Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors
- High efficiency filter traps 99 percent of cat and dog allergens
Versatile: Shark Robot Cleaning System S87 Review
Shark Robot Cleaning System S87
- Dust bin capacity - 0.7 quarts. Shark has combined two innovations in one cleaning system — a high-performance Robot vacuum with a built-in, ultra-powerful handle vacuum
- System includes the Shark ion W1 Cordless handheld vacuum: lightweight at only 1.4 pounds with powerful suction, perfect for spot cleaning and tidying up messes
- Smart sensor navigation 2.0: advanced sensitivity helps the robotic vacuum navigate around obstacles and objects to complete the cleaning job. 1.8 Amps
- Schedule or start cleaning from anywhere with the Shark ion Robot app, or voice control with Alexa or Google assistant
- Designed for pet hair. Provides powerful floor and carpet cleaning with an X-Large dust Bin and 3x more suction in max mode than the Shark ion Robot RV750 series
Buyer’s Guide: shark vs roomba robot vacuums comparison
Both robot cleaners come from a famous line of vacuum cleaners. However, the Roomba robot cleaner is ahead of its close competition. Moreover, Roomba robot high-end vacuums offer an optimal cleaning performance compared to the Shark models. It depends on what you want to make the right Roomba vs Shark robot vacuum decision.
Are Robot Vacuums Good?
Robotic vacuums are awesome as they get to take care of your home’s cleanliness quickly and efficiently. Moreover, these types of vacuums are suitable for the hard-to-reach areas in your house. To find the best cleaning solution for your home, you have to wade into the Shark robot vacuum vs Roomba conversation. We are gladly helping you with that in this post.
Shark Robot Vacuums
Though Shark robot vacuums are not optimized as the Roomba robot vacuum, they still offer a wide range of features for satisfactory cleaning experience. Below are some of the incredible features that shark robot vacuum brings to your home.
Shark Robot Vacuums Features
- Self-Empty Base. The high-end Shark robotic vacuum comes with a self-empty base that can hold dirt up to 30 times of cleaning. Therefore, you won’t go through the trouble of emptying the base now and then.
- Shark Clean App. Some robot vacuums from Shark are compatible with the Shark clean app that allows you to select the rooms you are cleaning.
- Powerful Suction. Designed with a powerful suction, shark robot vacuums have a powerful suctioning of both large debris and small particles from your floor or carpet.
Most Popular Models
- Shark IQ- this is the most advanced robot vacuum from Shark. It can empty its dustbin as well as facilitate digital mapping for convenient monitoring.
- Shark ION R87 – it comes with a set of convenience features including 90-minute run time, large dustbin capacity, and a handheld vacuum option.
Wrap Up: Shark Pros & Cons
- IQ NAV for home mapping
- Self-cleaning brush roll that cleans itself up
- Holds 30 days of dirt
- Voice control through Google assistant
- Some models tend to be pretty loud, thus a nuisance if you are home while it’s working
- The device gets stuck sometimes
iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuums
Purchasing the best Roomba vacuum is an excellent investment for your home. Roomba vacuums come in topnotch quality to give you a long term service. Moreover, the model is designed with all the features you require for a modern smooth floor cleaning experience.
iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuums Features
- High-Performance Filter. Roomba robot vacuums come with high-efficiency filters to capture 99% of pollen, allergens, and pet dander on your floor or carpet.
- Automatic Recharge. The high-end model Roomba vacuums feature an automatic recharge. With this, the vacuum automatically recharges itself when the battery runs low.
- Customized Cleaning. iRobot Roomba Robot vacuums allow you to customize the cleaning process. This is made possible by the iRobot home app or the Google assistant.
Most Popular Models
Roomba i7+ – Being one of the most advanced Roomba’s robot vacuums, this model offers an automatic recharge, a long run time, and a self-emptying dustbin.
Roomba S6 – this is one of the best robot vacuums that Roomba has to offer. The vacuum provides outstanding navigation and advanced digital mapping.
Wrap Up: iRobot Roomba Pros & Cons
- Powerful lifting suction
- Roomba robot vacuums run up to 90 minutes without the need for a recharge
- Works on all types of floors
- It concentrates on the dirt areas of the home
- Features an auto-adjust cleaning head
- Some models tend to be loud.
- Roomba robot vacuums are not cheap
Other Brands to Consider
Apart from Shark vs Roomba robot vacuums, there are still other renowned affordable options out there that will help you keep your floor sparkling clean. These brands include:
Roborock Robot Vacuums
Roborock robot vacuum cleaners are super-efficient in cleaning and pretty easy to maintain. Besides, they also come with an impressive power suction system to take all the large and small debris on your floor. If you are looking to an alternative to Shark robot vs Roomba, Roboroc robot vacuums may come in handy.
Ecovacs Robot Vacuums
Ecovacs brings you robot vacuums with optimal features for hard floor cleaning and other unique cleaning needs.
Eufy Robot Vacuums
Eufy offers smart home solutions, including robust robot vacuums to keep your home clean at the comfort of your couch. Furthermore, Eufy robot cleaners are pretty efficient, and they give you a long term service.
What is the Best Robot Vacuum for Hard Floors?
iRobot Roomba robot cleaners are the best robot vacuums for hard floors. These vacuums come with a 3-stage cleaning system to pick up all sorts of dirt from the floor. Besides, they also feature a wide range of Roomba robot essentials to make your monitoring pretty convenient.
What is the Best Roomba for Pet Hair?
Pet owners often look for the best shark robot for dog hair. The Roomba e and i series are specially designed to trap pet dander from the floor. Therefore, they are considered the best Roomba for pet hair. This is thanks to the multi-surface rubber brushes that are specifically featured to capture pet hair. Coincidentally, Roomba has the best robot vacuum for carpet. In a nutshell, Roomba is not only the best robot vacuum for pet hair but also for all floor types.
Verdict and Our Recommendation for 2021
As you can see, it is a thin line when it comes to Roomba vs Shark Vacuum comparison. Your decision can easily be swayed either way. However, we feel that your specific needs and budget will point you in the direction you should take. Nevertheless, we do not want to sit on the fence on the Shark vs Roomba debate. We feel that Roomba robot vacuums are high end and offering optimal cleaning performance compared to the Shark high-end models. Roomba models have a 99% filtration capability, while the Shark models have at around 87% filtration system.
On the other hand, Roomba robot vacuums are twice as costly as the Shark models. Hence, this explains their remarkable differences in terms of performance.
The robot vacuum niche is ambitious, and we will be seeing high-end cleaners coming into the market. We at homemakerguide.com keep tabs on the new trends and technology for you. But for now, the Roomba vs Shark Vacuum showdown is going to rule the niche. Hopefully our robot vacuum comparison pointed you in the right direction and set you on a new experience of efficient home cleaning.