Home Maker Guide created for informational purposes only. Thus, we neither endorse you in any way to buy specific products in our reviews, nor making you act like it’s written in our guides. We are reserving the rights for you to make your personal decision.
ARCHIE ADAMSEditor-in-Chief of the Home Maker Guide
Purchasing a miter saw demands a few very vital points to be kept in mind. You don’t have to panic while making a decision. All you need to do is determine a particular size, sliding feature, and also select a style between single bevel vs double bevel miter saw. Keep reading to know the apt procedure of buying the ideal miter saw!
If you are looking for a guide that can help you buy the best miter saw, look nowhere else because we have got you covered. So, stay hooked until the end to know all!
What is Meant by a Miter Saw?
The miter saw does the exact work done by a miter box. However, if you have always wanted to do the same tasks more smoothly, then this tool will come to your aid. It is an awesome machine used for creating easy crosscuts with the help of a mounted blade. With it, you can carve cuts of different angles as per your need. You can use a single or double bevel miter saw to carve out perfect door frames, photo frames, window casings, and a lot more.
What Exactly is a Bevel?
Now, you must be wondering what is meant by a bevel cut and how to use a miter saw. Well, a bevel cut is an angled cut. However, the angle cannot be 90 degrees it can be any angle other than that. The miter cut complements this cut; you will have to alter the wood angle for the miter and the saw blade angle for the bevel.
Single Bevel Miter Saw Overview
In the single bevel vs dual bevel, miter saw comparison; this tool will help you cut only in one particular direction. Most of the tools tend to move to the left when placed on the wood piece. The material needs to be shifted in other directions for cutting further.
When to Use the Tool?
If you are wondering what jobs are done with this tool, then we are here to help you know more. With this tool, you can carve perfect singular angled cuts easily. In case you are buying the saw for tasks like molding, trimming, and framing, this saw is a better choice between a single vs dual bevel miter saw. It is a portable and lightweight machine that can do multiple works without trouble.
- Power and durability: 15 amp, 4,000 Rpm motor
- Miter detent plate improves productivity and ensures cutting accuracy: Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops
- Miter dentent override that allows you to override the miter stops and adjust to the desired setting without the saw slipping into the Miter detents. Arbor size is 5/8 inches
- Tall sliding fences that support crown molding up to 5 1/4 inch nested and base molding up to 6 1/2 inch vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts
- Cross cut capacity up to 2x8 inch dimensional lumber at 90° and a 2x6 inch dimensional lumber at 45°
Pros and Cons of the Machine
- Affordable: There are ample one-angled saws available within $100, which is quite affordable.
- Swift and easy to use: This tool is easier to use in the single vs double bevel miter saw comparison.
- Great for renovation: For renovation or decorative purposes, this is a great machine that helps beginners as well as professionals.
- Altering the workpiece direction: As there is no way of changing the direction of the tool, the workpiece needs regular direction changes.
- Incompatible with long workpiece: This is not the best machine for cutting a long workpiece.
Dual-Bevel Miter Saw Overview
As you already might have guessed, this machine works in both directions. So, you don’t have to alter the workpiece direction in this case.
When to Use the Tool?
This machine is also capable of managing multiple tasks. However, you can enjoy its best services when used for carving handicraft products and crown molding. Using the tool for these two purposes is definitely a wise decision.
- Axial glide system: The patented glide system allows wider cross cuts and better alignment while also being compact; This saves you 12 inch of valuable work space; Bosch glide miter saw also offers unmatched smoothness of cut
- Capacity: Expanded cutting capacity 14 inch horizontal capacity nominal 6 1/2 inch vertical capacity against the fence base 6 1/2 inch crown capacity against the fence 45 spring
- Adjustable: The GCM12SD miter saw provides easy adjustments with a large easy to read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detentes and roof pitch angles; Bevel detents: 0, 33.9 degree, 45 degree left/right for accurate cuts; Category best 90 percentage dust collection optimized for cutting 2x material with a vacuum
- Precision: Square lock quick release fences lock fence 90 degree to the table and requires no adjustment, 1 touch lock/unlock to slide fence for added support
- Ease of use: Upfront bevel controls all metal bevel lock lever and range selector located upfront for quick and easy bevel settings without reaching behind the saw
Pros and Cons of the Machine
- Workpiece needs no rotation: This tool wins when it comes to direction changes in the dual vs single bevel miter saw a comparison. It can cut in both directions; hence, the workpiece needs no rotation.
- Precise and faster: This variety is highly skilled in doing the tasks faster and more precisely.
- A bit more expensive: Compared to the other variety, this one is a bit more expensive.
Comparison Between the Two Varieties
There are some major points of differences between the two varieties of the tool. Have a look below at the single bevel vs double bevel table below:
|Single Bevel||Double Bevel|
|Cuts in one direction.||Cuts in both directions.|
|It is lightweight.||It is heavier.|
|Can be bought at a cheap price.||It is a bit expensive.|
|The workpiece direction needs to be rotated.||Saw direction is to be altered.|
The Right Variety to Choose
We would recommend the single bevel to people who:
- Want to do framing and molding;
- Are comfortable rotating workpiece;
- Are not having multiple projects;
- Want to use two planes for cuts.
And, the double bevel is fit for people who:
- Are professional woodworker;
- Are comfortable flipping boards;
- Want faster and accurate cuts;
- Want to complete crown molding tasks.
We hope the article helped you know a lot about the single bevel vs double bevel miter saw. Different varieties are used for different purposes; therefore, you will have to decide your purpose and purchase one accordingly. Also, keep in mind your ideal budget before choosing the tool. So, which machine are you planning to buy? We are excited to know!
- 1 What is Meant by a Miter Saw?
- 2 Single Bevel Miter Saw Overview
- 3 Dual-Bevel Miter Saw Overview
- 4 Comparison Between the Two Varieties
- 5 The Right Variety to Choose
- 6 Final Word